Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum so thanks for the add. I have a new 700-4 deluxe with around 40 miles on it. My propeller shaft (rear drive shaft) has started to come apart right before the ujoint under the boot. I can take a bar and push on the boot and it will pop back into place and work for a while, but eventually will pop out again. When this happens the short shaft from the transmission will turn but the rear shaft (after the u joint) will not turn. I have been to the dealer once already and they said it was fixed but it isnt. They basically did nothing. Problem is, I live 4 hours from the dealer so a drop off is 8 hours turnaround and a 8 trip to return it home a week later or so. My wife is afraid to drive it with the granddaughter because it may break down. I have a $15000 unit we are afraid to ride.

Is it possible the engine has slid forward causing this to happen? Or can one of the tension springs inside the splines be broken allowed excessive movement? I have lost faith my dealer can fix it plus the time it takes to drive to and fro. Another dealer is possible but I doubt they will be so willing to fix in a timely manner due to where I bought it. I bought it there because they had the unit....Any advice? Issues with this problem from anyone? thx for the help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts