Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

New pioneer owner in FL. I picked up this 2017 700-4 a few months ago and we love it so far. Ran good at first but we are starting to get some tranny issues. I was curious if anyone had any recommended clutch kits. Been having trouble finding one for the 700.

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
You are gonna have to be a little more specific then just "some tranny issues"
MANY other things, related to the transmission, can and do go wrong with the 700.
What mileage?
What are the symptoms?
First thing, it is a well known FACT, the 700 works best after warmed up.
Some owners claim they go start it and walk away for 5 -10 minutes to let it do so.
Second thing, they do not like low oil, dirty oil and for sure, no oil with Moly in it.
Were you shown how to check the oil properly, or did you read the manual?
You can get a free digital copy HERE
Page 130 in your manual shows the proper steps required to check the oil.
"Without screwing it in"
Font Parallel Rectangle Document

And, read this thread. In it are links to other 700 transmission problem threads.
Might come across something that yours is doing.
Have a good day

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mark,
I did quite a bit of research before my post and found the common issues with the 700 not operating well until fully warmed up and low oil level or broken down oil resulting in poor performance. I also did find the oil level check guide helpful as I definitely screwed in the dipstick initially. I can say the oil was changed when I purchased the vehicle about 100 miles ago with the Honda specified oil”GN4 maybe?”. It is full and was properly checked.

The issue I’m experiencing is I’m gaining RPM when going up a hill but not speed almost as if the transmission is slipping. Some of my research lead me to believe the clutches may be worn and is the likely cause of this issue. Currently has 2489 miles and 362 hours on it.

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
At this point then, I am recommending that you go to those that know.
I try to help here where I can, and I gave you the information that I know of, but I do not have a 700.
Go to the Honda SXS Club, and they would be the ones to ask.
A few words of advice about over there, before you go.
1) Read through some of the introductions.
2) Post a thread, and Introduce yourself. Post year, make, model, miles, and any mods you have done. POIDH, Pictures Or It Didn't Happen. In other words, post some pics of your ride.
In your introduction, do not post about your problem. EVEN though you see others doing it, don't do it. Your introduction, is you saying "Hi, this is me, and this is my ride."
Here is my Introduction over there.
Then, use the search bar FIRST, before asking for help.
Search bar over there for 700 clutch slipping, brought up quite a few results.
If you can't find what you are looking for after searching, then ask.
When asking your question, start a new thread in the correct forum.
Again, post year make, model, and miles with any new question.
Be as specific as possible, the more information you put into your request for help, the less questions they will have to ask to try and help get you fixed. And make sure you say "I searched, but could not find what I was looking for."
Follow the few simple rules, and they will help you fix your problem.
Ignore their rules and you will be the one ignored.
They are a rowdy bunch, and some of em can be a little gruff around the edges.
BUT, the total Honda Pioneer hands on knowledge from all the owners is the best you will find...... ANYWHERE !
They even have a few Honda techs that are on regularly as well.
Have a good day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts