Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read previous posts about changing out the stock bulbs with 886 bulbs for brighter headlights. I really like the idea but don't want to cause problems down the road. I'm not interested in light bars and was wanting input from others who may have tried this. Thanks!

·
Registered
960 Posts
would you ever consider going for an LED version of it if there's one available? That might be the better way to go about this.

·
Registered
281 Posts
LEDs certainly are the trend right now. If you can afford them I would go with them. They look great and are nice and bright. Have you considered them?

·
Registered
507 Posts
LED's are nice, most headlight bulbs (I've seen) have micro fans on them an I'm not sure if: 1) there is room for fan assembly, 2) how the fan will put up with water, mud and if it's water proof.

Sky pup what did you install?

jrc

·
Registered
507 Posts
Gotcha thanx

·
Registered
44 Posts
886 Bulbs

When I went to the Amazon website and checked out the 886 bulbs, the website says these bulbs will not fit the Pioneer 700. What's the deal?
B.A.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys .Skypup I think you must be the poster I first read about the 886's. Glad to hear no problems. I know the LED's are a hot topic but I'm thinking 5min., unplug and plug back up,easy peasy.I cant say the OEM lights aren't enough for me,but for the time and money sounds like a bargain. 97 I don't know about the claim that they won't fit but I am going to check into doing this and will post afterwords. Texwolfpack those are wicked looking tires. What are they?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I used the exact 886 bulbs posted above from Amazon. The plugged right in, no problems at all. MUCH better than OEM. I spoke with my service rep at the Honda dealer. He felt like you could probably go as high as a 100 watt bulb in the Pioneer. I didn't go that hot just the 55 watt units. I think I took before and after pics if you would like to see the difference let me know. Dale

·
Registered
131 Posts
Once you have the 886s you will not go back, in fact you'll order a spare set to have if these every burn out! LOL

Simplest install, takes less than a minute each.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dale I'm a newbie to this forum stuff , have not learned to post pictures myself . Some of the smarter folks will have to help us.....I would like to learn to post from my I phone.

·
Registered
44 Posts
886 Bulbs

Just installed the Sylvania 886 bulbs.Everything fitted up just fine and is definitely whiter and brighter. Thanks to Skypup, Jimbo and Daberry. Things like this are what makes the forum so great !......;)
B.A.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Glad they worked for you. Still can't get my pics uploaded. Anybody know how to post pics?
Hi daberry,

Here is the link to the thread on picture posting. http://www.hondapioneerforum.com/forum/forum-information-help/2017-picture-posting.html

Not sure what you are using for a browser but I have had some issues using IE so I only use Chrome now. Also make sure if your uploading here to hit the "Reply" or "GO Advanced" buttons below and look for the paper clip, you can't upload using the quick reply.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts