Honda Pioneer Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
After reading these posts regarding the 886 lights I went to Auto Zone picked up two of the Sylvania 886 bulbs $9.99 each. They were plug n play installed in minutes on my P 500. Big difference in light output from stock bulbs 37.5 watts to the 886 bulbs 50 watts. Up grade was worth the money!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
After reading these posts regarding the 886 lights I went to Auto Zone picked up two of the
Sylvania 886 bulbs $9.99 each. They were plug n play installed in minutes on my P 500. Big difference in light output from stock bulbs 37.5 watts to the 886 bulbs 50 watts. Up grade was worth the money!!
Yeah, a nice cheap easy to do improvement that works!:)

·
Registered
88 Posts
886 lamps input

Did some research on the 886 lamps from this post and some electrical calculations for everyones review, compared to stock lamps.
Stock lamps are 37.5W and draw approx. 2.77Amps/each lamp.
886 lamps are 49.9W and draw approx. 3.69Amps/each lamp
These current ratings are based on a 13.5VDC output of the Pioneer charging system, which can slightly flucuate +/- .5A depending on what accessories you have on at the time, i.e. headlights, light bars, radio, heater blower,etc.
I ordered mine and will pick them up tonight to install, feel jumping almost 15W per headlight is all I want since I have a 72W lightbar on the front bumper already.
These should be a noticable change from the stock lamps and not much of an increase in current draw on the electrical system over the stock lamps.
Just my 2 cents on this subject.:)

·
Registered
960 Posts
LED's are nice, most headlight bulbs (I've seen) have micro fans on them an I'm not sure if: 1) there is room for fan assembly, 2) how the fan will put up with water, mud and if it's water proof.

Sky pup what did you install?

jrc
Good point, that's one downside to going LED... they are generally bigger and could be an issue with the housing and 'case' it has to go in. Something to definitely consider, but at least the effort will be well worth it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
886 lamps

Installed the 886 lamps tonight, picked them up at Advance Auto, $9.95 each.
5 minutes per side to install. Definitely whiter/brighter over stock. Good upgrade and low costs. Thanks to this site for some good info on this one.

·
Registered
161 Posts
They fit I just got a set yesterday big difference! Thanks Skypup

·
Registered
131 Posts
Glad you all like them, I've experienced no problems with mine in regards to overheating or too much electric draw, they just work great!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I purchased a cheap 880 HID conversion kit on EBay for $23. Sealed the ballasts with little silicone and stuck them inside the fenders with a little 3M exterior 2 sided tape. Bright, cheap, simple, and plug-n-play...

Been on a few rides and a couple ice fishing trip and haven't had any issues. I keep the halogens in my glove box just in case!!

For what it's worth........

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Twenty dollars well spent ! I installed these bulbs last week but didn't try them out until Saturday nite. Thanks Skypup! Everyone should do this upgrade,you will spend more time at the parts store than you will changing out the bulbs and they are brighter. No brainer.....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have read previous posts about changing out the stock bulbs with 886 bulbs for brighter headlights. I really like the idea but don't want to cause problems down the road. I'm not interested in light bars and was wanting input from others who may have tried this. Thanks!
Here is one that works on my 2016 Honda pioneer 700-4 100% and it’s $20 on amaozn 2 bulbs

21 - 33 of 33 Posts