Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! Anyone out there installed one of these tips to your existing stock exhaust? What's your opinion of it?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I got the 2D one it's cheaper lol. Was just talking about it on the thread about exhaust fumes. It helps with the exhaust fumes it blows the air out not down. The stock tip has a huge spark arrestor and that small tube has to slow airflow a lot. Take the stock tip out and look at it. The new 2D and 3D tip is a little louder and deeper sound. Helps with airflow a lot. Probably gives a little boost in performance with the added airflow. It's cheap i see no reason in not buying it. Guys on the facebook group have them. I put up a sound clip on that page.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got the 2D one it's cheaper lol. Was just talking about it on the thread about exhaust fumes. It helps with the exhaust fumes it blows the air out not down. The stock tip has a huge spark arrestor and that small tube has to slow airflow a lot. Take the stock tip out and look at it. The new 2D and 3D tip is a little louder and deeper sound. Helps with airflow a lot. Probably gives a little boost in performance with the added airflow. It's cheap i see no reason in not buying it. Guys on the facebook group have them. I put up a sound clip on that page.
Yeah, that's where I seen the tip too....on Facebook.. Might be getting one for my 700-2 soon.

·
Registered
100 Posts
That actually looks cool, but I don't care as much about how my exhaust looks to be doing that. Usually I just keep it stock.

·
Registered
359 Posts
What does it do other than change the way the exhaust flows? Is it used mostly for aesthetics? Or something with performance? Engine note?

·
Registered
41 Posts
did some testing with the factory spark arrestor and without

bike got on the tires better without the factory setup

don't like the way it looks with just the open muffler so I ordered 1 of these and its not that loud like I was expecting

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
3D Exhaust Tip

Purchased the 3D tip on E-Bay for about $54. I have been plowing snow lately and it gives off a slightly deeper sound. Might be a concern when hooking up a trailer as far as exhaust fumes go. This tip is less restrictive on the exhaust flow for sure, it might help a little bit on the power but that is hard to tell. Quality of the part and how it looks and fits is very good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts