Honda Pioneer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Question for anyone that has installed a bed like the above pics. How are you attaching to the rack? I was thinking of using simple u brackets but wanted to get a feel for what people have done and liked. Thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Question for anyone that has installed a bed like the above pics. How are you attaching to the rack? I was thinking of using simple u brackets but wanted to get a feel for what people have done and liked. Thanks
I decided to go with the Honda accessory cargo tray mainly for the ease of mounting and removing it with the quick clamps.
I know the tray isn't as deep as what most people would like, but it would be easy to add extensions onto the front and sides.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I decided to go with the Honda accessory cargo tray mainly for the ease of mounting and removing it with the quick clamps.
I know the tray isn't as deep as what most people would like, but it would be easy to add extensions onto the front and sides.
I have a hard time handing over $300 for the tray when I can get a custom aluminum bed for $400. Although, for my use I never plan on removing the bed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
KJG, how did you attach the rack? Maybe I could find someone in the St. Louis are to build me one similar. Looks like it has an open/shut gate on the back?

·
Registered
99 Posts
KJG, how did you attach the rack? Maybe I could find someone in the St. Louis are to build me one similar. Looks like it has an open/shut gate on the back?
I would look for a lawn trailer builder or custom welder in your area. The way I look at it, an expanded metal basket for the pioneer is like a tiny landscape trailer. I'm getting mine made by a local trailer manufacturer. I'm afraid my welding skills wouldn't look good enough for the pioneer :laugh:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a hard time handing over $300 for the tray when I can get a custom aluminum bed for $400. Although, for my use I never plan on removing the bed.
I actually got mine for $264 and no shipping with an employee discount. I got to thinking that after paying $465 for the aluminum bed, the shipping would probably be another $300 from Mississippi. So almost 3 times more money for me.

·
Registered
99 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
All the custom beds in this thread are pieces of art! Nice work guys. I like the OP all aluminum one.

But wow akrider! That is a bada$$ setup!

21 - 40 of 42 Posts