Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I’m new to the forum and new to posting on forums period (usually just do research on them). Anyways…I have been reluctant to put a deposit on a sxs. I started looking hard for one the end of 2019 and wasn’t happy with prices then finally the 520 came along and seemed to be the answer to my sxs needs and decided to finally put a deposit For a 520 at my local Honda shop. I was told at the time they had a ship date of Feb 26 (order was placed in November). Well that date came and went and I called and was told it got pushed to mid March so called mid March to be told it was pushed to end of March called again and now it’s end of April. Am I being jerked around here or is Honda really that uncoordinated with shipments? When I made the downpayment this place was the cheapest, had the color I wanted and had the earliest estimated time of Arrival. Now the other ones I passed up on have came and went and I’m sitting here pioneer-less. Im patient don’t care to wait for the color I want but I’m getting annoyed when I get excited every month just to be let down. Is this how everyone’s experience has gone in the wonderful world of Covid. Another fear is the original quote I was given will get inflated which will make me not want it.
Is this all the new norm?How long did others wait for their machine?
Thanks,

· Registered
3 Posts
CK520,

I am in the same boat as you. Put a deposit on a Pioneer 700-4 a couple days before Christmas. Originally supposed to arrive early Feb which got pushed to March and now I am awaiting another update from the dealer. I do suspect that I will get a similar response from the dealer that my delivery has been pushed until the end of April. I work in Manufacturing, so I know all too well on manufacturing delays because of supply chain issues. What i dont understand, is the lack of communication from the dealer/Honda on why the SXS's are being delayed and the lack of ability to give us an accurate delivery date.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
CK520,

I am in the same boat as you. Put a deposit on a Pioneer 700-4 a couple days before Christmas. Originally supposed to arrive early Feb which got pushed to March and now I am awaiting another update from the dealer. I do suspect that I will get a similar response from the dealer that my delivery has been pushed until the end of April. I work in Manufacturing, so I know all too well on manufacturing delays because of supply chain issues. What i dont understand, is the lack of communication from the dealer/Honda on why the SXS's are being delayed and the lack of ability to give us an accurate delivery date.
It is very frustrating! With no inventory How are dealers even in business at this rate? They can’t survive on Deposits. You would think Honda would be working on order number whatever, then they can look and see when that was placed the they could determine that they are x amount of months behind. Figured I would try and reach out to customer relations at Honda but got a automated response thst didn’t answer any of my questions and said talk to your dealer about their inventory… but that inventory is non existent.

I’m sure after this excitement/letdown cycle Honda is putting us through the dealer will say sorry but it’s that way for everyone… oh and by the way due to inflation the price is an additional $1k. Customer service seems to be out the window in off-road sales I could see this even before Covid.

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-3
666 Posts
Howdy and welcome to both of you from Northern Iowa
Just go here and drive em away. click on the link, and it will bring up google map
Looks like they are ready, all lined up for you. I wish that were true for you guys waiting.
Honda of South Carolina Manufacturing · 1111 Honda Way, Timmonsville, SC 29161
If the link does not work, go to google maps.com and search this then click on satellite view.
Honda of South Carolina Manufacturing
Have a good day

· Registered
3 Posts
CK520- Lucky you! I talked to the dealer this week and i'm looking at hopefully the end of May. Fingers crossed that they come through this time.. I'm hearing from my dealer that mine will be a 2022 model, is that what you received??

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, I’m new to the forum and new to posting on forums period (usually just do research on them). Anyways…I have been reluctant to put a deposit on a sxs. I started looking hard for one the end of 2019 and wasn’t happy with prices then finally the 520 came along and seemed to be the answer to my sxs needs and decided to finally put a deposit For a 520 at my local Honda shop. I was told at the time they had a ship date of Feb 26 (order was placed in November). Well that date came and went and I called and was told it got pushed to mid March so called mid March to be told it was pushed to end of March called again and now it’s end of April. Am I being jerked around here or is Honda really that uncoordinated with shipments? When I made the downpayment this place was the cheapest, had the color I wanted and had the earliest estimated time of Arrival. Now the other ones I passed up on have came and went and I’m sitting here pioneer-less. Im patient don’t care to wait for the color I want but I’m getting annoyed when I get excited every month just to be let down. Is this how everyone’s experience has gone in the wonderful world of Covid. Another fear is the original quote I was given will get inflated which will make me not want it. Is this all the new norm?How long did others wait for their machine? Thanks,
Still happening...deposit in Dec 22 on a 520 and pushed ship date twice...now end of April 23 for new date...apparently South Carolina is not capable of actually assembling anything but BMW's...I am going to contact the SC senator who keeps pushing SC manufacturing capabilities about Honda's lack of actual capability.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts