Honda Pioneer Forum banner

Another anxious owner waiting for my new Pioneer

10K views 54 replies 17 participants last post by  OLT 
#1 ·
Hello all. I have been reading all the great info on this forum which led me to also pull the trigger on a new 700-2. I ordered the red one because I heard they were the fastest!

It was ordered it a week ago, however the salesman said he could only tell me that I would get it sometime in february.

I have owned a 2007 Rhino 660 since new, but have always been unhappy with the noise and vibration from this machine. From all your posts it looks like I will be very happy with the smoothness of the engine and transmission on the pioneer.

My order also included the glass windsheild, 1/2 windshield for the summer, wiper, soft top with rear panel, and the accessory electrinonics switch panel.

Looking forward to making it my own and sharing ideas along the way!

Reactions: norcalmendo
#3 ·
Welcome to the forum. Sounds like some good accessories.

#5 ·
Good to hear utard.

My Rhino seemed to get quieter the faster I went. Probably the wind in my ears kept me from hearing everything.

#7 ·
Welcome Springer I am interested in your comparison to your rhino after some experience with the Pioneer.

#8 ·
I plan to transfer my wheels and tires, 26 in ITP Terracross on 14 in C series wheels, a RT4500 Warn winch, and at least my push tubes from Cycle Country snow plow ( just broke the weld on the push tube today so maybe not ) to the new pioneer if possible, so I will own both of them for a little while.

I will try do do some side by side comparisons for noise, power, speed, utility etc. once I get the new one and report back.

#9 ·
My delivery date is the 26th or that's what they say. that's tomorrow I don't see it coming in on Sunday then my dealer is closed on Mondays boy I'm i am anxious and we have one of the biggest snows in years

#10 ·
Hi Realtree. Did you get your Pioneer yet?

#12 ·
hi realtree. Did you get your pioneer yet?
no pioneer yet told me it was backed up till the 31st well its the 1st and still no pioneer come on honda!!!!!!

#11 ·
Hello all. I have been reading all the great info on this forum which led me to also pull the trigger on a new 700-2. I ordered the red one because I heard they were the fastest!

It was ordered it a week ago, however the salesman said he could only tell me that I would get it sometime in february.

I have owned a 2007 Rhino 660 since new, but have always been unhappy with the noise and vibration from this machine. From all your posts it looks like I will be very happy with the smoothness of the engine and transmission on the pioneer.

My order also included the glass windsheild, 1/2 windshield for the summer, wiper, soft top with rear panel, and the accessory electrinonics switch panel.

Lies lies all lies I say, you can't trust a man posing as a Moose:D:D

#14 ·
Been on a Business trip with my wife. When I got home I had a missed call from the Honda dealer maybe my pioneer has came in can't find out till Tuesday they're closed on Mondays. Boy am anxious we've got 6 inches of fresh snow I really hate to pull it in all the slush and salt on the highway. Maybe it will freeze over and I can go early one morning!!!!

#15 ·
I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I am still waiting to get an eta on mine, sometime in February. My sales rep said Honda does not give delivery dates so I just keep my ears, and e mail open.

#17 ·

lies I say all lies, green or Olive is faster and will jump farthest. Lol congrats and enjoy!

#21 ·
My green 700-2 pioneer is at the dealer they said it would be built about 5 this evening but they are giving heavy rain and freezing rain forecast so I will prob wait till the roads clear on Friday. Yeeeh haaw!!!!!!

#24 ·
I would wait until the roads are dry, be ashame to haul a new machine on a trailer in that. At least they probaly dont use salt on the roads down there.

A person might be able to use a big tarp and use ratchet straps to hold it tight. Tarps will do finish damage if they start flapping though. What about the wide packing cellophane, wrap it up like a big condom. LOL

I had to haul mine to the dealer this winter but got lucky road was dry both ways.

#25 ·
I would wait until the roads are dry, be ashame to haul a new machine on a trailer in that. At least they probaly dont use salt on the roads down there.

A person might be able to use a big tarp and use ratchet straps to hold it tight. Tarps will do finish damage if they start flapping though. What about the wide packing cellophane, wrap it up like a big condom. LOL

I had to haul mine to the dealer this winter but got lucky road was dry both ways.
Roads are covered with salt and calcium. I will probably wait till they clear rain is one thing but salt and calcium are another

#27 ·
I finally dug my trailer out in anticipation of my dealer calling me with good news, however it keeps snowing and snowing. It's not easy keeping my trailer and barn driveway clear. Maybe I should just rent an enclosed trailer that would give me the added benefit of keeping the salt off of it, and just leave my trailer buried in the back?

#28 ·
I feel your pain my truck is hooked to my trailer in the barn my pioneer is ready at the dealer we now have a ice storm and some minor flooding. But we're supposed to have dry weather next few days I've got my fingers crossed I will have mine by Friday

#30 ·
I'm picking up my unit in the morning at 10 all of my accessories are in as well hopefully the roads will be clear May have to give it a wash job but at least the wait will be over!!!!!

#31 ·
How exciting!!! Bet you have all the accessories installed by the weekend

#33 ·
Going to pick up a new Pioneer now that's a good day, take your time and enjoy the trip. I give you 50:1 that you can't drive all the way home without smiling!!!

Make sure to get the Pioneer hat and the key chains and all that throw in stuff. You have to ask for it usually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.