Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in the market for a sxs and the honda would be perfect except no low gear. So I am interested if this machine could pull a plow to break up a acre or 2 for a food plot?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
If its an established food plot, I don't see it having a problem. Its hard to find better payload and towing, even at a much higher price point.

If your breaking new ground, IE, roots, stumps, rocks, and very compacted soil. I think any sxs could struggle depending the situation, and plowing equipment.

I thought I would miss a low gear in the Honda, as my previous workhorse (my 750 King Quad) has it, but 1st gear on the Honda has been sufficient.

Good luck to you in your SxS purchasing.

·
Registered
322 Posts
the only machine i can think of that could meet your needs perfect is the Polaris brutus/Bobcat 3600, but now you're looking at $15-20K rig...

·
Registered
960 Posts
the only machine i can think of that could meet your needs perfect is the Polaris brutus/Bobcat 3600, but now you're looking at $15-20K rig...
Yeah and that's before the attachments, i think it can easily run someone into the $30,000 price range.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I plan on attempting the same thing for food plots. The area to be plowed is clear so I'm hoping the Pioneer can handle it. I chose it over purchasing a tractor so go figure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, my 600 grizzly has no problems when it is in low gear but in high gear that is a different issue. I know it is rated @ 1500 pounds towing but pulling a plow is a little different, it puts so much more stran on the unit. Let me know how it performs Jthakwvu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts