Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where would be the best place to install the aux led lights? thoughts?

i have the led light bar on the roof

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
What size of light are you planning on and what area are you planning on lighting up? If the roof mounted light bar has any size to it the front should be covered.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi toodeep, i bought the original honda lights which means i have the 14" light led bar on the roof and the 2 smaller lights led as well. but im debating where to install those. either on the roll cage, or on the front bumper.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Either place will work depending on your riding conditions. If you have muddy trails or a lot of low brush you go through the roll cage would keep them cleaner and safer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Most guys seem to mount them higher than the bumper. Both on the cage and on the Honda windshield. I would hook them up temporarily and see how the light up the area you want lit. Then install permanently.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help really appreciate it gotta call the dealership to tell them where i want them installed

·
Registered
88 Posts
Aux Lights mounting

I mounted my 72Watt 15" LED lightbar on the front bumper due to not wanting it up on the roof, for fear of tearing it off and the roof is already high. I mounted my 36Watt 8" LED lightbar on the back side of the hard roof in the center, due to wanting it up to illuminate the bed area and also too use when backing up at nite. Both locations are working out great for my needs. I can see where location is a matter of preference and needs, but in the end the type of riding you intend to do may come into play on location and if you feel they may be in an area to be damaged. (too low in brush, too high in woods and catching branches, etc.) Let us know what you chose.....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
beside the led bar on the roof and the 2 aux lights in the front, im also installing the rear work light . i think it will come in handy, especially during the winter cause it gets dark as of 4pm.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think if you already have a lightbar up top then you might consider putting the LEDs on the front bumper. I think that would just make the lighting as bright as possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts