Honda Pioneer Forum banner

Blizzack snow tires on a SxS ?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  GaryL 
#1 ·
I have done some searching but can't seem to find good answers on using DOT approved "car" tires on a SxS.

We have had exceptional results on ice and snow using Blizzak tires on a SUV, so wondering how those would work on a SxS?

Imagine they are heavier of course than a typical UTV tire, so some performance hit.

Would they mount to a typical UTV aftermarket 15" wheel? (i.e. is the tire bead compatible?) Outer diameters seem in the right range.

#2 ·
@SuperATV is my goto about tire/wheel questions.
If you can't find what you are looking for online, call them, great customer support.
Ask your tire questions of them, they know.
Have a good day

#4 ·
Now that you know they will mount up fine I think the next question is where do you plan to drive the Honda? I am a big fan of the blizzak tires on my 4Runner and the RX350 all winter for road driving on ice and snow. I did however get stuck in tha 4Runner one time when I got into slick mud. The thin sipes of the blizzaks can become clogged with mud making them slicks with no traction until you get back on hard pack. I would think if you are mostly on pavement and hard packed roads they will be great with the softer compound rubber.

#6 ·
Blizzaks will be perfect in those conditions! On the dry pavement while on our SUVs the soft compound rubber does wear quite fast but they are fabulous in the conditions we get here in the NY Catskill Mountains. I put them on around Thanksgiving and take them off around Easter and usually get around 3 winters from each set or around 20K miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.