Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Hey Shawn. No, I haven't heard anything other than yours breaking. Did it just snap, or were you crawling or on an interesting side hill when it happened?

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry about your pioneer, guess they aint all bulletproof.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Welcome to the forum Shawn. Are you talking about the link from the sway arm to the bottom A-arm? Where did it break? Any sign of damage from a log or anything hitting it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honda wanted it back. Went through a small ditch coming out of the woods. And I actually heard it snap.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yes, it is the aluminum swaybar link. It snapped in the middle.
Any breakage on a new machine sucks. I hope you got it taken care of quickly.

Those are not uncommon breakages, as they are some of the weakest parts in any suspension that has them, but it usually takes a pretty good slam to snap them.

·
Registered
322 Posts
welcome aboard Shawn, whats Honda doing for you? sounds liek you may be one of the first to see that for Honda to want it back...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Someone will come out with an aftermarket set.. steel, maybe. Took it out today and sunk it. The water was pouring over the doors. Never quit running.. I am impressed with the machine. Put 26 inch tires on with aftermarket wheels. I am thinking of going 27 or 28.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Honda sent another one had it the next day. Heart didn't skip a beat. Didn't know what the sound was. Had it on the trailer and my uncle actually spotted it.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
I had a sway bar snap on polaris 570 when I first got it and was steel so i am not sure that a steel sway bar is any better.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Anyone have plans to remove their sway bar? I haul a lot of the time in mine, so haven't considered it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Soapy, it wasn't the sway bar its self. It was the swaybar link. The actual sway bar its self is steel.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yep, broken right rear. I quess I should have gotten a-arm guards, bummer

1 - 20 of 27 Posts