Honda Pioneer Forum banner

Broken left rear sway bar link.

12K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  zakseppala 
#1 ·
Has anyone had or having problems with the aluminum swaybar link breaking?

#2 ·
Hey Shawn. No, I haven't heard anything other than yours breaking. Did it just snap, or were you crawling or on an interesting side hill when it happened?

#9 ·
Any breakage on a new machine sucks. I hope you got it taken care of quickly.

Those are not uncommon breakages, as they are some of the weakest parts in any suspension that has them, but it usually takes a pretty good slam to snap them.

#21 ·
Its not a big issue even if it does. Its easily fixed or replaced, if the joints they sourced to use on the pioneer were cheap or poorly made, they will just change to a better made piece.

Not to mention many people claim the machines ride much better with the bars detached :) Imo swaybars don't belong on an atv anyway.

#13 ·
Someone will come out with an aftermarket set.. steel, maybe. Took it out today and sunk it. The water was pouring over the doors. Never quit running.. I am impressed with the machine. Put 26 inch tires on with aftermarket wheels. I am thinking of going 27 or 28.

#17 ·
Anyone have plans to remove their sway bar? I haul a lot of the time in mine, so haven't considered it.

#23 ·
I removed the rear swaybar from my Rhino and never went back the ride was much smoother and did not make it more tippy .
Was thinking about removing the one on the Pioneer but want to get more miles to see how it handles stock. Only 16 miles so far.

#24 ·
I think duwops broke also I was going to take a look at mine and see if it connects like a jeep sway bar disconnects do. 20-30 buck for the steel pipe disconnects for a jeep

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.