Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will hopefully be buying a HP4 here in the next couple of months. Our local Honda dealer has had a camo HP4 sitting out by the road for the last couple of weeks. Its been sitting outside in the rain and sun, day and night. I am assuming that its one that everyone test drives and I am also assuming theyhave tostart it up everyday and make the short trip from the front of the building to the road to advertise it. Should I worry about it possibly being the HP thats being used for test runs? Or that its being started everyday and driven just a couple hundred feet? Also being left outside?if this is the case, Id almost rather just have them order me a brand new one. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I will hopefully be buying a HP4 here in the next couple of months. Our local Honda dealer has had a camo HP4 sitting out by the road for the last couple of weeks. Its been sitting outside in the rain and sun, day and night. I am assuming that its one that everyone test drives and I am also assuming theyhave tostart it up everyday and make the short trip from the front of the building to the road to advertise it. Should I worry about it possibly being the HP thats being used for test runs? Or that its being started everyday and driven just a couple hundred feet? Also being left outside?if this is the case, Id almost rather just have them order me a brand new one. Thanks a lot.
Welcome to the forum. You're paying for a new machine. Obviously, you have some concerns about how they are treating it, compared to how you would. I suggest you ask them to order you a new one. You might have to wait longer, but you will hopefully be happier not having these concerns. Remember its your money and you can spend it anyway you like.

Do I think there is anything wrong with the way they are using it? No, but again, I am not the one buying it. So, do what makes you happier.

Reactions: DieselDoc10

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would purchase that one at a discount if they are using it for little test drives. Should knock off anywhere between $500 and $1000. After all, if that little bit of usage is detrimental to it (in reality), is that something you would want to own? Snatch it up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It is a honda! I can sit outside for years and be mistreated by everyone that sits on it and it will be fine, my dads boss bought a new honda Forman in ninety eight, he was a real tight ass and would never change the oil, ran it everyday for eight years and sold it for 1200 the only problems it had were the brakes rusting up on it, and something inside exhaust that would fall just right and make a hissing sound till you hit the next bump, I'm not joking about the oil either it was sold with factory oil still in it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My p4 camo spent a few months out in the cold at the dealership. I wasn't impressed, but there isn't anywhere else they can store them. It was still "new" but out in the elements for like 3 months new. I bought it anyways, no complaints here. It's in a garage now:).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts