Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be trading in my Honda Rubicon for a Pioneer next week. Since they are in such High demand, I didn't get to take one for a test drive so I am wondering about the noise level. After Reading some more reviews today, I noticed one guy talked about how noisey the Pioneer was when you have a cab on it. Looking for more input on this. How noisey are they without the cab. In comparrison to my Rubicon. I know the Ranger 800 is extremely noisey with the cab compared to the 900 which is super quiet. I was going to buy a Ranger 900 but have been a Honda guy my whole life and can't see myself driving a belt machine vs Shaft.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I dont have the cab...just the top, windshield, and fabric rear panel but I will say the noise isnt that bad at all. You can actually have a conversation with someone beside you while riding unlike alot of the other SxS's. Ive also got a Foreman and the noise isnt that much different to me from what I can tell.

·
Registered
658 Posts
noise isn't near as bad as the belt drives. with radio and top speed I can have conversation no problem. I have windshield and top

Reactions: nprodell29

·
Registered
281 Posts
The windshield definitely helps quite a bit, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. If the noise is really bad I'm sure you could find some way to insulate the noise if you really wanted to.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I sold my Rubicon also to buy a Pioneer also. I haven't bought one yet I was hoping they would come out with another model that would have a "low" in the transmission.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have the hardtop and fabric doors and rear panel. The noise level isn't bad unless you are running it hard. In fact I couldn't really tell the engine noise until I put a silent rider exhaust on mine. Now I hear the engine noise but again it's not bad.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a soft top and soft rear panel with fabric doors and a 2 piece windshield. Noise is not an issue for me. It is actually quieter than my previous machine which was a John Deere Gator 620i. The Gator did not have doors.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I drove mine without a cab first. After I put the cab on there is a slight echo from the sound bouncing off of the roof. I plan on insulating the roof and then it will probably be even quieter than without the cab. The Pioneer is much quieter than a John Deere Gator.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts