Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried starting my Honda 700 in below zero temperatures and fouled the spark plug. Gees the spark plug was a pain to get to. After I got done I modified the area under the seat so hopefully the next time it will be easier. I will try and post pictures later. Anyone else have problems doing this?

· Premium Member
2,494 Posts
They are a pain to get to and get the boot off of. How are your starting it, letting the fuel pump cycle? On the 700 I have had the best luck just reaching in and cranking it over as soon as the key is turned for about 3 seconds. Shut it all the way off and do the same again and they start right up. I have had good luck with that method on more than one machine.

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, Too Deep, that is what I do also. The boot really was hard to pull off, I thought I broke it. I think the mistake I made was pumping the gas pedal a couple of times and I flooded it. Operator error..

· Registered
244 Posts
the plugs are a little bit of a pain to get to, i have a '15 model its got two of the PIA's luckily I have not had to change them since I did the initial maint.. I had problems last year once starting mine, this year I am keeping fresh fuel in it and I changed to shell super v gas and I tried @toodeep's method but she will usually fire in 3 seconds.

· Registered
45 Posts
I have found that if I release the e-brake, press the brake pedal firmly, and set the shifter to neutral, it will crank easily first time every time. I think some of this is a function of safety switches.

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Rancher Guy has not been on since Aug of 2017.
I don't think he ever posted back pictures.
You haven't posted since 2014, Welcome back. (y)
What year are you asking about?
Here is a YouTube of a 700 sparkplug change.
Have a good day

· Registered
4 Posts
It's is a 2014 700-4 with 12000 miles and the plug has never been changed. I'm thinking about cutting a hole in the seat bottom above the plug for easier access. Having a very difficult time removing the boot to get to the plug. Maybe removing the seat bottom cover might be another option? Looking for advise and guidance......

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Yes, I have read about owners removing the seat bottom.
Also read to try and remove the boot only with the engine cold.
I guess just that little bit of shrinkage helps....maybe.
But everything I read said it just sucks to remove the boot.
Not finding much information to help.
Have a good day

1 - 13 of 13 Posts