Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I have a 2019 1000. 1400 hrs. 15,000 miles. Sub trans has just been rebuilt 120 hrs and 1400 miles ago. It now takes what seems like forever for the shifting between gears to take place. It will not complete the clutch initialize learning. It has also died when put into gear. No engine light or codes. The complete procedure has been attempted many of times. Yes I have done it correct. Correctly warmed up. 2 bars on temp gauge. Fast steps with pedal and shifter. Grounds have been checked as well as the battery has 12.7 volts in it. Anyone had a similar issue? No where in the service manual nor on the forums does it give any references what could be wrong to not allow the relearn to complete.
im thinking the clutch is burned up and it’s out of spec for the initialize learning.
thoughts and experience please.
thank you guys very much

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa.
Died in gear......
Search for:
shift control motor or
Neutral safety switch
And do some reading. Either or could do what you are saying.
Have a good day

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello all

I have a 2019 1000. 1400 hrs. 15,000 miles. Sub trans has just been rebuilt 120 hrs and 1400 miles ago. It now takes what seems like forever for the shifting between gears to take place. It will not complete the clutch initialize learning. It has also died when put into gear. No engine light or codes. The complete procedure has been attempted many of times. Yes I have done it correct. Correctly warmed up. 2 bars on temp gauge. Fast steps with pedal and shifter. Grounds have been checked as well as the battery has 12.7 volts in it. Anyone had a similar issue? No where in the service manual nor on the forums does it give any references what could be wrong to not allow the relearn to complete.
im thinking the clutch is burned up and it’s out of spec for the initialize learning.
thoughts and experience please.
thank you guys very much
Having the same issues on my 2019 pioneer 1000-5 limited

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa to @Chevyman2002
For us to even begin to assist you, we need DETAILED information about your vehicle and your problem.
Use the search bar above first, it works very well.
Sometimes the back and forth of information, questions and answer can get long.
It would be best to start your own thread.
Have a good day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts