Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As they say "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"..........I have sincerely flattered Colorado......As the rims and tires that I copied from him arrived yesterday:):). Although I will admit that I didn't get the chrome valve stems just to make sure his original was a bit fancier than my copy cat:eek::eek:.

But I do have a question.......I know that the original tires on the Pioneer are the same size as the tires on my 01 Foreman 450s which I will swap over. I was originally thinking that I'd leave them on the rims but it looks like the rims are different. As both rigs are up at our hunting property (100 miles north) does anyone know what the rim sizes on the pioneer are?? It's my understanding that the foreman rims are both 12x7, but front is 5+2 and the rear is 2+5. The pioneer pictures look more like the 5+2s.

Thanks (especially to Colorado) - Dan

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
But I do have a question.......I know that the original tires on the Pioneer are the same size as the tires on my 01 Foreman 450s which I will swap over.
Hey Dan,
I sure hope they took care of you like they did me and you should have got the stems! My thought was the black would contrast with the aluminum. I too have an older Foreman and the tire size are the same, just the rims are different. I was just going to sell the pioneer tires and rims as I have 6 ply Kenda Executioners on the Foreman. Like toodeep mentions, you might mount those up with spacer and make use of those.
I'm hoping your as happy as I was with the new wheels as I thought they were sharp and lets see some pictures!

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Dan,
I sure hope they took care of you like they did me and you should have got the stems! My thought was the black would contrast with the aluminum. I too have an older Foreman and the tire size are the same, just the rims are different. I was just going to sell the pioneer tires and rims as I have 6 ply Kenda Executioners on the Foreman. Like toodeep mentions, you might mount those up with spacer and make use of those.
I'm hoping your as happy as I was with the new wheels as I thought they were sharp and lets see some pictures!

Steve
Hey Steve,

The first two times I called I got a couple of guys and when they looked up the tires and wheels they told me that they weren't yet recognized for the pioneer and one fella told me that he couldn't sell them put together as a package and could only sell them as individual pieces. But they did tell me that they could sell them as a package for my Foreman.

That was on Friday and on Monday I called back and got a gal on the line and she looked things over and said they would work fine on the pioneer and got it all put together for me. So I guess it's like everything else in the world......just have to get a woman involved to get things done:).

I also ordered a center mirror which came with and although it's probably more expensive than some aftermarkets.....it comes with the same clamps that the roof and windshield came with which keeps things looking consistent.

Ordered Monday and everything was here on Wednesday....so very pleased with speed of delivery.......once I got the ordering issue taken care of. Will mount everything up this weekend and take some pics. But I must warn that after running around in woods/swamps last weekend hunting I don't think the machine or terrain will look as spectacular as your's Steve!!

On another note........I've hunted Elk every year since 1986 in Idaho and loved the hunting and were very successful, as where we hunted the season opened on 9/15 for rifles which is unique as you get into the rut with rifles. But we haven't gone the past two years as the "wonderful reintroduction" of timberwolves into Idaho screwed up the hunting. Do everything you can to keep the **** things out of Colorado. Hope you had or are having a good elk hunt this year!!

Thanks - Dan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I put the new wheels and tires on and they look great!! The also do drive a lot smoother than the factory tires. My only concern is that one of the center hub covers came off when bumped while mounting the wheels. They are chrome over plastic and they are a compression fit into the hub center and if hit by brush or whatever they might come off. I may figure somehow to attach them more securely.

I also put the center honda mirror on which I also got with the wheel order and it's great. The nice thing is it attaches with the same clamps that hold the windshield and top on so it looks like it belongs.

Now I'm trying to figure out if I want to enclose the front or whole unit........but I'll give that a bit of thought. I'll also install a winch, but as we won't ride it much this winter I may hold off until spring....maybe some more after market options by then.

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
684 Posts
what host are you using for pictures ? (flicker, photobucket)
and is it from youre phone or computer ?
i work off a laptop using photobucket and all i do is enlarge it (full size on PB ) and right click .... copy and paste it on thread you want it in .....
if from youre phone toodeep (or another member ) can give you a hand ....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what host are you using for pictures ? (flicker, photobucket)
and is it from youre phone or computer ?
i work off a laptop using photobucket and all i do is enlarge it (full size on PB ) and right click .... copy and paste it on thread you want it in .....
if from youre phone toodeep (or another member ) can give you a hand ....
I have the pics saved on my computer and load them in from my Pics file.

·
Registered
684 Posts
ok try adding them to the forum photo gallery and then make them large (just click on it ) and then rt click copy and paste (you may need to open up 2 links to this forum and click back and forth ) please send me a pm if it doesn't work for you so we dont clog up this thred ...lol)

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Hey Dan,

Pictures look great! I'm hoping to get my windshield and Hard top on this week and we will really have a match! LOL I of course love the tires and wheels. Still waiting on the dealer to call with winch mount.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Dan,

She is looking great.

·
Registered
60 Posts
dward,
I love the looks of your wheels and tires. I am in the process of deciding what tire size and what will fit a pioneer. Could you please let me know what size wheels and tires you went with. I too am from Prior Lake, Mn.
I would love to talk to you about it. :) Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts