Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, have been reading a lot about this overheating issue and I have this same exact problem, it is a serious issue that definitely need to be addressed by Honda, I have a 2017 Pioneer 1000 eps and I Love the machine everything except this one very bad overheating because the cooling fan will not come on issue, The first time it happen to me it overheated after we ran it for two days on trails in Kentucky ran beautiful no problems, Then out of the blue it just overheated, well then i did my investigating and studying the problem I even drained the radiator and put new coolant in because i had to ad a couple bottles of drinking water on the trail when it overheated and yes I did bleed the system per the manual at the bleeding screw but that is not the problem with mine and many others I am seeing it is the fact that for some reason all of a sudden the cooling fan will not come on. so I put a double pole double throw switch in circuit just before fan control module and now I can manually over ride control module and turn on fan, but now I have to watch temp gauge all the time normally runs two bars all the time when it hits three bars the fan is not coming on and I manually over ride and temp goes down as it should, turn key off and back on and it will work ok then, just got back from Harlan Ky. and it did same thing ran beautiful for two and a half days then it went to three bars and the fan was not working manually over ride the control mod. and temp come down right away but i should not have to watch the temp gauge all the time to keep the thing from over heating. I realize and know that I could modify the cooling system with a thermostat and over ride the control mod. but this is a serious issue that need to be resolved by Honda So Who do we complain to at Honda to Get some answers on this definite Problem that in some ways it is very consistent among many machines but yet there is no rhyme or reason when it does it, Thank You all for listening and any input or anything You can do to get this problem out to Honda would be appreciated, Thank You,,,,

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Has it been back to the dealer because of this issue? The only one I came across with this issue it was just a terminal not pushed all the way into the connector.

You can find honda contact info in your owners manual or their website.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I installed a lighted manual switch. It does 2 things, when switch is off whenever fan kicks on it lights up and when switch is on fan runs continuously

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
There is an ecm update a dealer can do if anyone is having problems with the cooling fan.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this might be a dead topic but it’s a real problem for me! I’ve had a pioneer 1000-5 seater for a few weeks now and it’s been working perfectly put a track kit on it to groom my trails no troubles works great. Went out last night on my trails just for a drive and suddenly my heat light came on and steam started coming out front with the hood, I ran to the front and popped the hood to realize it was spewing antifreeze out the vent tube. I shut the machine down and looked for damage of some sort. Long and the short of it I can’t get the fan to come on! I need the machine for collecting maple and it’s the season! 😡 It seems that this is a problem the more I’ve been looking around has anybody found a solution that actually works to this problem?I’m open to whatever it takes but I can’t stand not trusting machine when you want to go for a drive. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts