Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am looking for some advice. I am looking to purchase a Honda Pioneer 700-4 Deluxe from an individual. The one I have found is a 2018 model and has 154 hrs and just a little over 1000 miles. It is in great shape as far as the body and appears to be in great running condition. I am just new to the pioneer world and don’t want to buy a lemon. The person is asking $14,000, do you think this is to high or is this a good price for this machine? Are there any concerns with the 2018 models in the 700-4 deluxe?

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
Yes, I think they are asking to much....now.
A year ago, they would have had offers for more then that.
A quick Google search shows a new 2023 isn't much more.
The biggest problem with buying used is the unknowns.
Did they swamp it, and only clean out the fuel tank.
Did they get stuck and bang the gears.
Did they hold it on a hill with the transmission, slipping clutches.
Did they get the Factory Recalls fixed
Did they get the Product Improvement Campaign items fixed within the limited time frame, if not, YOU have to pay to have it done.
The market used to be so hot, you couldn't find one to buy, new or used.
That time is slowly coming to an end.
The dealers are starting to get in new stock, which is bringing down the price of used.
If like you say you are new to the pioneer world, buy NEW. The warranty will let you sleep at night not wondering if you bought a "lemon".
Last thing, look at the 1000.
Haha, when I was looking, I started looking at the 500. Then the 520, then the 700, then looked at the capability of the 1000. That, is what I have, Love mine.
Have a good day

1 - 2 of 2 Posts