Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm an Old Fart and generally travel alone when scouting for critters. Being able to winch off of the front or rear is important to me. I decided to set the 700-4D up this way.

Installing a KFI front receiver was easy. I also mounted a rubber tube plug to keep it clean.

A Warn VXR-35S was mounted to a homemade aluminum plate. The tongue on the plate is made from heavy wall aluminum. It's plenty strong enough and I would rather see the aluminum bend than damage the frame of the Pioneer. I used a 5ft. 8inch cable with quick connector for the front end. A 4ft. 4inch cable with quick connector was used on the rear. In addition, a 2ft. cable was used on the winch itself. The lengths of these cables would be determined by where you mount the winch contactor. I mounted my contactor under the passenger side seat. The winch is run off of the second battery.

To store the winch when not in use, I installed an addition receiver up under the rear of the Pioneer box.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm an Old Fart and generally travel alone when scouting for critters. Being able to winch off of the front or rear is important to me. I decided to set the 700-4D up this way.

Installing a KFI front receiver was easy. I also mounted a rubber tube plug to keep it clean.

A Warn VXR-35S was mounted to a homemade aluminum plate. The tongue on the plate is made from heavy wall aluminum. It's plenty strong enough and I would rather see the aluminum bend than damage the frame of the Pioneer. I used a 5ft. 8inch cable with quick connector for the front end. A 4ft. 4inch cable with quick connector was used on the rear. In addition, a 2ft. cable was used on the winch itself. The lengths of these cables would be determined by where you mount the winch contactor. I mounted my contactor under the passenger side seat. The winch is run off of the second battery.

To store the winch when not in use, I installed an addition receiver up under the rear of the Pioneer box.
Wold love more info on two battery set up, having been a jeeper all my life i'v got bigger batteries in flashlights then this has

1 - 3 of 3 Posts