Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having this annoying squeek behind the drivers seat? Ive checked it thouroughly, and nothing is loose, just the expected amount of play where the lever hook catches the latch on the bed. I noticed there was a dollop of factory grease on the latch, most of which has been washed off while de-mudding the unit. I put another smear of grease on it, and that has helped, but seems like there needs to be a better solution! Any thoughs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
you can try a few things we did...we adjust the strikers on the latch, and finally when that didnt work enough, we actually put a piece of RUbber Hose on the stricker itself..that made a difference. Anothing thing to look at, the factory bed stops. (the rubbers stoppers that the bed sits on up near the cab) SUCK...we got some out of the hood of a late 90's chevy pickup and put in there. Worked slick as snot on a door knob. REALLY made it quiet. Now his bed dont squeak or rattle at all other than the thin plastic panel that they use for the "Front" of the bed.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Thanks mustang, mine also has the squeek but have not had time to get a good look at it yet. Now I know what to do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had this issue and noticed one latch was not closing properly. Had to be careful to make sure it was lined up and closed just right. Doesn't sqeek at all now.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
I have been looking to find the chirping squeak in mine when I am going slow. I thought it was coming from the motor under the passenger seat. Could not find anything loose on the motor, the hose type clamps on the exhaust shields were very loose but not making the noise. I even tried taking the seat off and driving around the yard to try to hear where it was coming from. Does this sound like the same noise you guys experienced?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I have been looking to find the chirping squeak in mine when I am going slow. I thought it was coming from the motor under the passenger seat. Could not find anything loose on the motor, the hose type clamps on the exhaust shields were very loose but not making the noise. I even tried taking the seat off and driving around the yard to try to hear where it was coming from. Does this sound like the same noise you guys experienced?
Tried holding your passenger door? Mine squeaks no matter the adjustment I make.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great information, I have had this very annoying squeak all along. Now I have another place to look.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Mine does this my fix is a ice chest with a 29 pack of beer secured to the front of the bed when its empty you don't care if it squeaks
Hahahaha!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts