Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've posted before, I've only ridden my p4 on my farm either working or hunting. The power and speed are perfect for that scenario but until last weekend, I had not been on an actual ride with some other machines. Let me first say that this is my first SxS and that my previous experience with ATV's ranged from 2x4 utilities, 4x4 utilities and basically sport ATV's (don't want to say racing but specifically a Suzuki Quadracer was my first and currently have a KFX 700). Two of my buddies on Yamaha Wolverines 350's and I first hit pavement to get to the trails and that was an eye opener. They blew me away but I expected that....to an extent. I kinda just felt helpless as the gov kicked in, but as been previously documented, this thing is not a speed demon. Once we finally got to the ice and snow covered trails, it was a blast. I went everywhere they did but I'd go to say the p4 is a good foot wider and that made navigating some rough trails even tougher. Going down the first extremely steep and rugged trail was not for the faint of heart. It felt very tippy but I think it was more me than the machine as I'm not use to it on that type of terrain. I made it down safely and very methodically. I'm not sure how I would feel going back up a climb like that and I'm thankful I didn't have to, lol. Then the trail turns to a creek road and the pioneer did very well except I almost got stuck in a sand bar until I locked it in 4lo. All in all, I was very pleased considering my lack of experience. Aside from the speed, which I fully expected, it performed flawlessly!

Reactions: tundraman

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Glad you had a good time. Next time swerve at the little atvs , that will slow em down off the line. :)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
My wife's sister canceled her birthday party that was going to be this weekend. I should feel bad but i don't. I get to go to the woods and play!
I'm sure your devastated.... At least whenever your wife is looking. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.