Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Made up my mind and traded my 800 Ranger on the camo 4 seater. Yeah, I know, I've got a great wife! Got the 4000 warn winch and the half wind deflector, now I need to figure out where and how to mount a rifle scabbard or boot that will be under my future roof out of the elements. The storage pouch system that hangs overhead would be perfect for me to slide a beater rifle into if it had a scabbard built into the back side of it. The brilliant minds on this site helped to sway me to the honda, now I need to know what those minds have come up with for rifle storage!

·
Premium Member
263 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!!! I am STILL waiting for my P4 to arrive at the dealer. Have fun, and post up some pictures.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Come on Grader, you only half told the story. Did you get Red " because its faster" or Olive " green it flies farther" maybe camo " because its harder to find after you climb out of your tree stand". Post a pic or two when ya get a chance. Inquiring minds want to know.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Welcome Any pics

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not a teck guy, hope the pictures come through. Duwop, I chose camo so the wife won't see me riding out of the yard and ignoring the "honey do" list! Sd 1976, I got rid of the Ranger because it was starting to get a bit loose and ratty after only 1800 miles. The wheel bearings on the back were already on their way out, along with the a- arm bushings.:mad: I didn't load it anywhere near the advertised capacity, and generally babied it. I don't want to spend time on repairs either. Hopefully, this new buggy will be as tough and reliable as the trikes and quads I've had over the years!

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Other than being under built in some areas, I liked the ranger, lots of snap in the 800 engine, plush ride, a bit wider body to keep the mud on the bottom side a bit better than the honda and a little easier to attach toolboxes etc. with the stake pockets along the top of the box. The honda rides a bit stiffer and lacks a decent glove box and cab storage, but makes up for it with heavier axles, meatier a- arm bushings, heavier cv boots, goes into 4wd and stays when you ask it to unlike polaris's sprague clutch system. I never had belt issues with the ranger, been running snowmobiles forever so I guess I'm used to it. I'm usually riding alone a helluva long hike from the house and I think the pioneer is a better bet to get me home on time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts