Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to add 4/5 point harness to our pioneer. In rocky areas with sudden hard bumps, the should belt really digs into my shoulder when it catches as there's always a little bit of slack in the belt It's bothering my wife more than me since she's shorter and the belt rides higher up towards her neck.

Did some research and there are add on crossbars available for most other brands but nothing I could find for the Pioneer. I could just go to a race car shop in the area and have them install something but would prefer just a bolt in bar like the ones I found for the other brands.

·
Registered
221 Posts
My daughter's were having the same issue with the seat belt. I got some seat belt pads form Autozone. Helped quite a bit. A little cheaper than a harness system. Something to think about anyways.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The first thing I did was get rid if those nets and seatbelts. I installed a pair 4 point harnesses that I bought on eBay for $45. Made by Tanaka. First time out I found my wife sitting with her hands folded in her lap.
We went thru a learning curve getting into them and adjusting so they don't bite and fit. We really feel secure and safe. I drilled mounting points on headrest brackets. Shoulder belts should not be fastened below the shoulders as impacts will compress the spine. There is a seatbelt interlock connection that needs to be modified to signal seatbelts are connected. Cut the wires and crimp connector together and shrink wrap that connection. We have rode 600 miles since we picked up the Pioneer 500 and are extremely happy with this well designed, but not sexy SXS.
Chet

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts