Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
I don't think it will fit through a standard garage door opening. Mine has a hard top and stock tires and it's about 82 inches tall. My garage door opening is about 84 inches high but the garage door is only about 81 inches from the floor, when fully opened. I could remove the pull down handle from the door and gain about an inch and it might fit, although I've never tried it.

· Registered
88 Posts
700-P2 height with stock tires and Honda hard roof

I measured the roof height at rear highest point at 82" with stock tires, leaving 2" of clearance....assuming you have a true 84" opening height on a 7' high door. Mine is dead on at 84" High and I still have to make sure door is up all the way each time. Going out the door would probably push up, but if backing in the roof will catch the door, knowing from experience (luckily was watching and caught it before my son tore the door down)

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa to @Green Bay Packers guy.
WOW! You dug deep for this one. (y)
This thread was started back in Nov 2014, and the guy that started it hasn't been on since Jun 2015.
And nothing at all wrong with that.
Any help is better then nothing when someone is looking for answers.
Glad to have you helping out. That's kind of how I started here. haha
Helped one person, then another, and another.
I am not a book facer, and sure as heck don't watch the propaganda channels...ahem.. I mean the "News", so I come on here and help Honda owners.
Have a good day

· Registered
3 Posts
Will it lower it enough if you add weight to bed? sand? cement?
My stock 2023 700-4 just fits with nobody in it through a standard 7’ door if I undo the garage door latch and lift it up all the way. I tested it using the parking brake and slowly rolling it out. I assembled my accessory’s in the garage and then went, this is going to be close. Plan b was load the family in then back it out. Sand bags or concrete may drop it some. highest point is directly over where can and dump bed meet.

· Registered
2016 Pioneer 700-4
11 Posts
My 700-4 will not fit under my garage header. After assessing things, I have not yet tried this, maybe attaching ratchet straps to each rear A arm up to a point on the frame so I can compress the shocks and get it in might be an option. I think I need to get the top down about 3 inches so it will go under. I sure like working in a warm garage way better than out in the driveway.

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Or you could do this
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

or this
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Car

hahaha!!
For 3 inches, I would try adding weight close to the front of the bed and see what that gets you.
The rear shocks on "Wild Blue" are adjustable, are yours? If they are, you could always turn them all the way down.
That and added weight might get you there.
Have a good day

· Registered
2016 Pioneer 700-4
11 Posts
Or you could do this
View attachment 41502
or this
View attachment 41501
hahaha!!
For 3 inches, I would try adding weight close to the front of the bed and see what that gets you.
The rear shocks on "Wild Blue" are adjustable, are yours? If they are, you could always turn them all the way down.
That and added weight might get you there.
Have a good day
Either of those solutions, and they are solutions, but both have me then swapping wheels out in the driveway in 20* cold and snow. The next time I get the machine down from the barn I will see if the ratchet strap idea will fly.

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Thought of another option for ya @GaryL , IF you aren't one of them tall guys.
do a google search for "Honda pioneer chop top"
A few of the google links are actually walk throughs of how to do it.
Have a good day

1 - 13 of 13 Posts