Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2016 Pioneer 700-4
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been in the dirt since I was 12 or 13, that's over 58 years ago. Mid 1960s it was Honda and Hodaka dirt bikes and many others since. I served in the USN during Vietnam in a Helicopter Combat Support squadron as an aviation mechanic on H-46, H-47 and H-53 choppers. I went from the Navy straight to prison, 25-life and retired as a Sergeant and advanced weapons training officer. Then I took a job as the GM in a big Honda, Kawasaki and KTM dealership along the Hatfield/McCoy trail system in WV. Now I am just an old fart, retired and I live back home in the NY Catskills on 120 acres I maintain. I never just sit around and I do all my own wrenching on all of my equipment unless it involves those damn computers. Hunting and fishing are my passions these days and I have never bought any machine, new or used that did not require some sort of upgrading or tweaking.
I just bought a sweet 2016 700-4 with just over 500 miles on it and was used by a buddy on his 3 acre property, mostly running back and forth to the mailbox. Not sure if us newbies can post pictures yet but I will when I get the clearance.
Someone who knows can tell me how to dump that stupid "Enable Push Notifications" pop up that I can't get rid of no matter what buttons I push!
Let the fun begin!

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

GaryL

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
I do not think there is a time limit to post pictures.
Load em up, everyone likes pictures! :)
I don't know what you do to "maintain" your 120 acres. haha
About the only thing I do with "Our 40 Acres", is try to keep my trails clear for riding. (y)
Here is a quick trail ride out in the snow just yesterday.
And cut wood out of it, because our house is wood heated.
To fix your "Enable Push Notifications" problem,
Move your mouse to the top right of the page, should be your Avatar "G", click on it.
Slide your mouse down and select Account Settings, click on it.
Should look like this
Font Rectangle Material property Communication Device Screenshot

On the left hand side of the screen, you will see a list of details.
Slide your mouse down and select Preferences, click on it.
Should look like this
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Screenshot

Scroll down until you get to push notifications
Should look like this
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Pattern

Click on the check box to remove the check
Now, it should look like this.
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Circle

Have a good day

· Registered
2016 Pioneer 700-4
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mark, That damn pop down still shows after following your instructions. I tried it checked and unchecked but no relief. Maintaining property is a full time job with 5 homes and one is an AB&B rental. Fields and grass need mowing, trails need clearing, the pond needs to be fished and the apple orchard needs pruning and spraying. Then, right now, the deer and bears need to be hunted so the population stays in check. There is rarely a day that goes by where I am not doing something including snow plowing. Keep in mind I am not complaining because it sure beats going to work in a prison.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts