Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are yall hiding your wires?

Specifically, I want to run some aux lights front and rear, similar to Moose's setup.

Wire loom zip tied to the cage is what I was thinking but not sure how it would look. I don't really want to drill out the cage (structural integrity and moisture concerns).

So what have yall done? Pics always appreciated. Thanks fellas, love this forum.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Wire loom and zip ties for me. I ran it on the top side toward my hard roof so it would be harder to see

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Currently I'm topless. I'm waiting to see if the aftermarket comes out with other (maybe cheaper) options. But that's a great idea, I didn't think about the top side being covered with a roof.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Currently I'm topless. I'm waiting to see if the aftermarket comes out with other (maybe cheaper) options. But that's a great idea, I didn't think about the top side being covered with a roof.

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Volnut, just an idea that I used for the rear lights and accessories was a trailer wiring harness that already had 3-12 gauge wires and 4-14 gauge wires molded into one harness which was protected very well. You can order by the foot from wiringproducts.com. They have several different ones available with different numbers of wires and gauges.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
I found that the 3/8" wire loom will fit behind the factory window clamps in order to run up the front roll bar. It doesn't look out of place at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am trying to figure out how to get my wires from a top mounted light bar to my power distribution block that I plan on mounting underneath the hood. I have no problem running it in wire loom like you have yours, but how and where do the wires run at the end of the wire loom in the picture?

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
I am trying to figure out how to get my wires from a top mounted light bar to my power distribution block that I plan on mounting underneath the hood. I have no problem running it in wire loom like you have yours, but how and where do the wires run at the end of the wire loom in the picture?
There is room between the fender and the roll bar to run the wire loom through, the windshield rubber seal has enough flex in it to seal around it. I actually have one running up both sides because of all the lights there was too many wires for one wire loom.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ran all of my wires internal and would highly recommend that you do the same. It is more work but well worth the effort. I used a vacuum cleaner and a thread to SUCK it down the ROP and to the front of the cab and then ran them through the frame. NO exposed wires and used grommets where the wires entered the small hole. You might have to loosen the connections slightly to wiggle the fish wire through.
chris

·
Registered
69 Posts
I ran all my wires through the cage, I drilled through the cage and inserted grommets to protect the wire from the sharp edges. To fish the wires I used bailing wire and a lot of patients. I'm not worried about the integrity of the cage, the holes drilled for the wires should not weaken the cage. I ran wires for 4 speaker, 2 dome lights and 1 42" LED bar. I will post some pics in the morning.

Orlando

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ran all my wires through the cage, I drilled through the cage and inserted grommets to protect the wire from the sharp edges. To fish the wires I used bailing wire and a lot of patients. I'm not worried about the integrity of the cage, the holes drilled for the wires should not weaken the cage. I ran wires for 4 speaker, 2 dome lights and 1 42" LED bar. I will post some pics in the morning.

Orlando
Very nicely done!!!!!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Very nicely done!!!!!
Thank you, I hate how wires look when they are attached to the cage. One other thing I want to complete; change all the hardware that attaches the speaker pods over to stainless. When I installed the speaker pods I wanted the ability to remove the roof so I went with banana plugs. I have had no issues with anything I installed running the wire through the cage.:)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thank you, I hate how wires look when they are attached to the cage. One other thing I want to complete; change all the hardware that attaches the speaker pods over to stainless. When I installed the speaker pods I wanted the ability to remove the roof so I went with banana plugs. I have had no issues with anything I installed running the wire through the cage.:)
YOu can still use the clips just coat with dielectric grease and you will be all good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts