Honda Pioneer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Good deal, and thanks for the suggestion.. I didn't even know these were available.. I'm also fixing to order a 20" led bar so they will match now.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks for the info just ordered a set for myself they will be great for our trip in the hatfield!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Install problems

I finally got around to installing the lights I bought from DDM. I tested both lights then zip-tied the loose wires and secured the ballast under the hood. After a couple minutes one went dead, and then the other a couple minutes later. I'm not sure if I messed up the install, or there was a problem with the components. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
12 Posts
HeliMech,

Can you provide any pics of where/how you installed the starter and ballast?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just ordered 35w 4300 color.

...I am a little worried about the guy that had both of them burn out immediately.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ordering mine this month check the site they have led bulbs on sale . Anyone know what number bulb for tail light/ brake bulb is thanks .

·
Registered
14 Posts
...I am a little worried about the guy that had both of them burn out immediately.
Forgot my password and it took a bit to get logged back in. Turns out I had a loose fitting on one of the ballasts....then blew the 15 amp fuse in the fuse panel. Not sure why the fuse blew? I replaced the fuse and got one light working. Found the loose fitting then swapped the fuse with a 20amp and it's working fine now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I received mine today along with 2 LED snap in bulbs. These bulbs came in clear plastic cases and as my 700 is at the dealer I can assume that once removed from the housings they just insert into the bulb housing and connect the snap in connections and away we go! Where did everyone "tie up" all the EXTRA stuff - drivers and connections???
Thanks alot, I also picked up some led strips for the interior lights and a couple of round LED spots for the rear. I will be wiring those when my switch plate comes in- thanks to Dick
Chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
I received mine today along with 2 LED snap in bulbs. These bulbs came in clear plastic cases and as my 700 is at the dealer I can assume that once removed from the housings they just insert into the bulb housing and connect the snap in connections and away we go! Where did everyone "tie up" all the EXTRA stuff - drivers and connections???
Thanks alot, I also picked up some led strips for the interior lights and a couple of round LED spots for the rear. I will be wiring those when my switch plate comes in- thanks to Dick
Chris
When I installed mine, I found that the extra components and wiring fit quite nicely tucked away between the headlight and black housing.

In other words, once you remove the headlight assembly from inside the fender by removing the 3 screws and one bolt, you can install the new headlight bulb, and then the controller along with the plug and play wiring will all fit behind the backside of the headlight and inside the black housing.
(There isn't a lot of room there, but it will fit)

Once you reinstall the assembly, there are no visible or exposed components.

I'm thinking this will also protect them from exposure and the elements along with making for a very clean install.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts