Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to order ROPS clamps for my P500 locally as I like to support local businesses. Price $20.00 CDN per clamp. If I order out of USA price is $6.95 USD per clamp... What the ****... If I crunch the exchange, taxes it's still under $10.00 per unit. Why the huge differential?

jrc

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
I priced them at the dealer here and first they couldn't find them until I gave them the part number, then they told me $18.90 each and they had to order them. I got the $6.95 one's out of the states and they came in no time.

They are friggin nice clamps though..

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same here Dick, parts gal didn't recognize the P/N until I said they where for a Pioneer. Glad to hear they are top drawer quality, does it say where they are made on them? I still don't get where the significant cost differential resides? If they are made in America then my understanding is there is no trade tariff to Canada, from overseas then yes, but 2-3 times increase to end user. That's ridiculous... Have experience same with 7.3 litre power stroke parts from local FMCo dealer. 1/2 price out of Oregon and not a Ford dealer either shipped right to my door OEM packaged parts, unbelievable really.

jrc

·
Registered
281 Posts
I would guess its just price gouging. Kinda like how books cost more in Canada. That doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i think it's just part of one of the many companies out there that take advantage of how things in canada are priced more than they are down south.
@Dick how long did they take to arrive at your place?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not gonna support such high differential costing unless there is no other option, I've had enough, never mind supporting local if their costs are out of line Fawk it. Rant over.

jrc

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
@Liberty they came in about 3 days, I was surprised how fast, but then a lot of the things I ordered online came fast.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I've read before that companies don't charge more in canada so much as they charge less in the US. Americans expect lower prices and the market is really competitive and huge. Companies will sell their products for less in the States to make sure they are competitive and charge more in other places to make up the lost profit.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Gee that doesn't make us feel any better... your going to get jrc worked up again. LOL

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I've read before that companies don't charge more in canada so much as they charge less in the US. Americans expect lower prices and the market is really competitive and huge. Companies will sell their products for less in the States to make sure they are competitive and charge more in other places to make up the lost profit.
Hahaaaa if that isn't sound rationale for price gouging.... yes we need to have a higher price point for ice box sales for Northern Inuit..... Well because we don't want their stuff to freeze and more importantly for beer drinkers in the lower 48 we have to offset production costs as it might slow down beer sales.

That same rationale is used by our governments to sell (being the largest provider of oil to USA) undervalued oil, electricity and wood products, (actually the USA is more astute at negotiating). I think we'd be far better off to be absorbed, at least we'd get the benefit of lower taxes, cheaper fuel, cigs, Snuff and access to more chicks.....while having more buying power.

In reality we are the 51st state, it's just no one here (in Canuck land) is willing to admit it. We are owned by the USA and the icing is we subsidize the lower 48 via the sale of inexpensive natural resources, pay more for manufactured products and services (e.g., compared the cell bill lately heh heh), with the added bonus of using a devalued dollar. I need scotch sigh.....

Who? Me? Worked up....hardly, oh ya but we have Universal Heath Care here, thats why things cost more (what my US buddies say), too funny.

Carry on Gentlemen!

jrc

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Rancher Guy, even though I whine.... (Of which some is to get a rise out of forum members for sport Heh heh). Relative to other places, we are the most well off bar none. Most days no body is shooting or bleeding around where I live (generally), unlike other parts of the world. We are so fortunate and am grateful to our collective militaries etc., for having the truly gifted lifestyle we enjoy. Most places in the world can't afford a mule to pack their kit.....

jrc

Reactions: Rancher Guy

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just wanted to give a shout out thanks to Dick for the link to Honda ROPS clamps.
Received them earlier this week and they are as you said a quality piece! I was at the time of ordering a bit of a clamp hog and bought a dozen :D they snap onto the outside large diameter ROPS beautifully.

Thanks again Dick!

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
YW.. You are a smart cat, wish I had ordered a few extra, you will find a use for them..

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey Trapper I ordered via Ronayers (thanks to Dick) and for a dozen shipped to me was $102 and change. If you are in Canada get Ronayers to send them through USPS, to be clear that's US postal service.... NOT ups the courier! May take a little longer via snail mail but I didn't get charges GST, import handling charges etc through courier.

jrc

1 - 18 of 18 Posts