Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone disappointed that we're getting a very basic headlight setup?
I was looking at the Polaris RZR before I found out about the Pioneer and the Polaris RZR has a high beam and low beam setup. Honda needs to step their game up

·
Registered
903 Posts
I was looking at the Polaris RZR before I found out about the Pioneer and the Polaris RZR has a high beam and low beam setup. Honda needs to step their game up
The base 570 only has single beams, and i think that all of the 1st gen RZR's were the same way.

I am a bit surprised that Honda did this, though. It wouldn't be so bad in just off-road use, but in states like mine ( AZ ) where it can be made street legal, it may be a real issue with blinding oncoming motorists.

I was hoping that Honda might offer a dual beam accessory kit, but i haven't seen it yet. Maybe with enough time and demand...

·
Registered
131 Posts
The base 570 only has single beams, and i think that all of the 1st gen RZR's were the same way.

I am a bit surprised that Honda did this, though. It wouldn't be so bad in just off-road use, but in states like mine ( AZ ) where it can be made street legal, it may be a real issue with blinding oncoming motorists.

I was hoping that Honda might offer a dual beam accessory kit, but i haven't seen it yet. Maybe with enough time and demand...
very good point on this being an issue if people want it to be street legal, isn't AZ one of the bigger markets in the U.S for these? it might be beneficial to Honda if they make it street legal

·
Registered
903 Posts
..isn't AZ one of the bigger markets in the U.S for these?...
Sure seems like there are a ton of SxS's around. A lot of trails that are plenty wide enough for them as well.

My local dealer ( who must have pissed Honda off ) still hasn't gotten one in even though they were expecting them by the 14Th. By contrast, One of the dealers in Phoenix got 2 in a week or more ago. I've been dying to see one in person, so i decided to take the 2hr road trip last Saturday just to see them. So i called to make sure they were still there, and they said they were long gone!!!

·
Registered
163 Posts

Just looking at the headlight set up alone is impressive. Dual hi and low would make it perfect for going on and off road when needed. I would hate to say but Honda does need to make a change.

For those getting one might have to consider in getting another set of head lights on top.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sure seems like there are a ton of SxS's around. A lot of trails that are plenty wide enough for them as well.

My local dealer ( who must have pissed Honda off ) still hasn't gotten one in even though they were expecting them by the 14Th. By contrast, One of the dealers in Phoenix got 2 in a week or more ago. I've been dying to see one in person, so i decided to take the 2hr road trip last Saturday just to see them. So i called to make sure they were still there, and they said they were long gone!!!
Oh man I would love to see one up front too. Getting anxious to see the bugger and have a seat to see how it feels. Even if it would be 3 hours I would have made the trip. Keep us updated if you get a chance to see one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i wouldn't take this thing on the street so no need for street legal for me. i just usually take the truck down the road if i need anything. don't matter to me if it has dual beam on the pioneer or not.

however i do find the headlights a little on the small side.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I guess it would be nice to have a built in high beam but I do alot of lugging around at night so Id additional larger lamps in the front anyways.

·
Registered
469 Posts
They make universal lights that you can mount onto the bars. You just need to rig the light to the battery and wire a switch.

·
Registered
163 Posts
why don't you guys just get a bull bar and add on whatever attachments there. The lights you just need the cup mounts and they should fit right on there.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
On the parts fiche it looks like they are still using a double filament bulb (12v30/30w). I wonder if they just left a terminal out of the connector for them. If that is the case then it would be simple to hook say the low beam up to be like running lights and just use the light switch for high beam. Meeting someone in the dark it's just common courtesy to dim your lights. I don't know why Honda would build this one this way since every other machine they produce (including the BR) has the high/low beam option.

·
Registered
109 Posts
why don't you guys just get a bull bar and add on whatever attachments there. The lights you just need the cup mounts and they should fit right on there.
that's probably the best thing to do, have you already started looking into what bull bars are available?

·
Registered
469 Posts
You can use the bars already in the front to attach additional lights. You can even mount lights to the cage. I've seen lights mounted everywhere. I've seen someone mount a huge search light to the roof before.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Cree makes a light bar for the Pioneer, and a pair of accessory lights as well.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts