Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the same fellow who gave us the Pioneer Trail ride, this time he tackles loose dirt and a 45 degree incline.

45 degrees and loose enough I could not go up it on foot, have not finished break-in period yet so I haven't revved it out or gone over 30mph.
Treat a Honda right and it will outlast the leftover Twinkies and Cockroaches.
So that explains his slow speed in the first video, taking things slow getting them done right. Pioneer looks like a downright little monster IMO.

·
Registered
131 Posts
well at least he's doing the right thing with his Pioneer and still enjoying it on the trails. Can't wait to see how he will open it up on the trails once the break in period is complete.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just getting the hang of it and then once the break in is over, the fun begins. Not bad though. I just know he is babying it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
That looks like fun and he's not even pushing hard or taking risks. Where do you think this takes place? It is looking pretty desolate. This video makes me so much more excited to ge my own Honda Pioneer though. I can see that it is capable from this video.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That looks like fun and he's not even pushing hard or taking risks. Where do you think this takes place? It is looking pretty desolate. This video makes me so much more excited to ge my own Honda Pioneer though. I can see that it is capable from this video.
tough to tell, could be the deserts of arizona, texas, who knows.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Next I want to see some action in the snow but that wont be for another couple of months. I think the pioneer should have no issue tackling anything.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
I'm sure it will be a blast in the snow also. I know the BR will really plow through it, especially if you lock the front diff.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm sure it will be a blast in the snow also. I know the BR will really plow through it, especially if you lock the front diff.
very good point about the diff, even without it locked it should be okay.
but locked is definitely the way to go with just about any vehicle, our UTV's, cars, etc.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very good point about the diff, even without it locked it should be okay.
but locked is definitely the way to go with just about any vehicle, our UTV's, cars, etc.
well if your going to use Pioneer for plowing def recommend locking the front diff. If your just looking for a little drifting than its probably more fun not to lock the front :D

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you can definitely see the stiff steering come into effect. and the turning ratio doesnt look that great.
but thats full diff lock, If i drove my pickup in 4 lo i wouldnt be able to turn it around on a football field. Although no EPS might make the Pioneer a little snarly when crawling over broken terrain or articulating..

·
Registered
469 Posts
yea you can see the no EPS coming into effect. The effort put into steering is noticeable.

working out those arms!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I will always still consider the EPS a luxury but I would guess not too many would complain about it in the SxS.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have gone about 15 years without it at one point and never complained till I actually felt how it was on my new truck at the time. In my mind "This is what power steering is. Lazy punks"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts