Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody.

Honda still keeps secret about their sxs power and torque. :confused: Are they that bad? :mad: Does somebody know why Honda doesn't want to state those specs?

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

They never do really. You can usually find it on the C.A.R.B data sheets or similar. I never really cared to know but I could look around to see what I can find.

·
Registered
359 Posts
What's with the secrecy? I don't see why Honda wouldn't just publish the information. People are going to look for the information elsewhere, so it seems to me that it would make more sense for Honda to just make the information easily accessible.

·
Registered
322 Posts
What's with the secrecy? I don't see why Honda wouldn't just publish the information. People are going to look for the information elsewhere, so it seems to me that it would make more sense for Honda to just make the information easily accessible.
I think its because more SxS buyers don't buy based on performance figures. SxS' are used more for work purposes unless you're going RZR. I know while I've been doing my research on Pioneer the most important figures for me have been payloads and towing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi, toodeep.

Thanks for the input. Curb weight/power ratio seems a bit better than Big Red's one (around 5 pouds less / hp). I've read a lot of people saying BR is underpowered.

HI, mr.smith.

Yes, Deere and Kubota are pure work machines and they state power (both of them) and torque (Gators).

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
The true readings would be from a dyno machine. The figures above are at the crankshaft. We would want wheel readings to do real world comparisons. Like the 680 Rincon is the same HP but on the dyno it is producing 25-27 HP and about the same for torque (25-27 ft/lbs). I have personally never had one on a dyno so that is based off of info I found on the web.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I know in a car you lose about 15% of the power when it travels from the crank to wheels, would the same be expected from the Pioneer?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I bought my Pioneer today in a dealership that also sells Polaris. Polaris has a sales sheet comparing the Pioneer to the 570 ranger, and puts the HP number out front and center. Doesn't say if that is at the crank or the wheel for either unit though....allows Polaris to claim 25% more HP.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts