Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting the hardtop for my P4. My only concern is the durability of it. Where I live there are lots of trees and at least a couple times a ride I rub my roll cage on a tree that hangs over. I'm worried the hardtop won't stand up to all the abuse….especially in the cold months when plastic usually cracks. Any information would be great!

·
Registered
355 Posts
It's made out of the same material that a bed liner is made out of

·
Registered
86 Posts
I beat mine off several trees this weekend while dragging a pasture, no problems.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It holds up pretty good , I have run mine against tree limbs, towed it hundreds of miles and had no problems so far

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Hit my roof yesterday backing under the shed and I thought for sure I cracked it. Not even a mark.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hard top roof durability

Had mine since mid-December. Cold weather has not been an issue...had several below zero days, rubs and scraps against trees and branches has not been any issue, and little or no marking. Only complaint here is height increase and clearance going in 7' overhead door, make sure door is all the way up. I could see where if you hooked it on something and just kept going your could damage it or clamps, but not fault of the roof.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've put mine to the test with branches and held up good. When the branches drag along it gets pretty noisy though. Like finger nail chalk board sound.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the info. That has definitely answered my questions with regards to durability. And the clearance/noise issues I can deal with. Don't plan on babying my P4 so i'm glad to hear the hard roof can stand up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How tall is it

How much does the roof add- I have a standard two car garage and I a few inches now but I'm wondering if the roof will create a problem

·
Registered
88 Posts
Clearance height

How much does the roof add- I have a standard two car garage and I a few inches now but I'm wondering if the roof will create a problem
I have an 8'W x 7'H door on my 20x24 building with an opening of 84"(with door up all the way), and I measured the roof height at rear highest point at 82" with stock tires, leaving 2" of clearance. (my son found out hard way once and never put door up all the way and about took the door off, luckily I was watching and stopped him before any damage occurred).
Highly suggest you measure you lowest point with door up and go from there before buying the hard roof, since it my/may not clear where you want it to.

·
Registered
104 Posts
No cracking on mine, but I did "smear" a small hole at the top point just as it drops down to cover the back section (on a 4p). Did this rubbing the top against a tree.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts