Honda Pioneer Forum banner

Hub caps for Pioneer???

12K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  adnoh 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine is saying that I need to get some caps put on the hubs. Said he can't believe Honda didn't put them on and said mud and water could cause big problems if any got in there. What do you guys think? I assume if they were needed, Honda would have put them on.

#2 ·
Your stock rims should of had little plasti-rubber caps to cover the hubs.

#4 ·
Well, sounds like they forgot some stuff.... oops

You might want to talk to your dealers. They should have covers

#6 ·
This seems like something Honda intended to do, but pulled at the last moment...or early in the production run.

Mine don't have them. None of the ones i have seen at dealers have them. Other than looking unfinished, i don't really see it as a big deal. Those rubber caps don't really stop anything anyway. In fact, you could argue that they may hold mud in longer than having nothing at all.

If they were really needed, i think Honda would have made sure they were there.

#8 ·
:D

You been tracking those bad boys every step of the way?

Reactions: CSFI
#12 ·
Maybe I'll just put the dip to 'em. I've been dying to dip something. My truck or the pioneer is getting it as soon as it gets warm again.

#13 ·
I second that. I plan to dip everything I own as soon as I get some and practice its use.

#16 ·
I was. I'm pretty sure he was too :p

#23 ·
Thats strange . You are the first person i have heard of having them.They dont make them for the pioneer, theres not even a part number for them on the schematic. I wonder if they used some from a big red. I thought they forgot them also but they took me over to the computer and showed me that they did not come with them. Sounds like your dealer really cares about what he sells and pays attention to small details . Hats off to him for correcting something he didnt think was right . They really should have them, i mean come on how much could it possibly add to the price.

Your stock rims should of had little plasti-rubber caps to cover the hubs.
Moose did yours also have dust caps when you bought it?

#24 ·
Yes, mine had them. When I saw the Pioneer the first time in the back of the dealership, it already had them and the assembly wasn't quite completed. Making me think they were on there from the factory. I have to think its delivered as a rolling chasis .

The covers are stamped with a large 1 and HLI above that on the inside face. They are also really in that rim.... I tried popping them out when I put the rims on my King Quad. They don't seem like an afterthought.

#25 ·
Yes, mine had them. When I saw the Pioneer the first time in the back of the dealership, it already had them and the assembly wasn't quite completed. Making me think they were on there from the factory. I have to think its delivered as a rolling chasis .

The covers are stamped with a large 1 and HLI above that on the inside face. They are also really in that rim.... I tried popping them out when I put the rims on my King Quad. They don't seem like an afterthought.
I believe your right , they are delivered with the wheels on them in the crate when they are shipped from the factory. That begs the question of why wouldnt they all have them and why is there no part # for them in the schematic? Things that make you go HMMM LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.