Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody else Amped up for this years hunting season?I have many moutri cameras out and have just begun to see alot of bucks,The pioneer has really helped me get my family involved in it with me......they go with me to hang stands and clear shooting lanes,and hang cameras.Im sure there are many others out there shooting their bows lately.I cant be the only Sicko out there filling the bug coming on.Heres a pic of a buck I got last year.got him with camera then got him in rut pa archery.My grandfather is 83 this year,he wont ride a quad but he will ride my pioneer im hoping to get him out there again and this machine can do it.Hope to post many pics of this seasons memorys.And would love to see others pics of their season as well.good luck this year out ther

·
Registered
182 Posts
I cant wait!!! I am doing a early season trip to Anticosti Island which is going ti be crazy. It's a island in eastern Canada that has a crazy amount of deer.

My cameras are out. I have already plant 1 food plot of about 20,000 sqft and I am in the middle of clearing another one of 60,000 sqft.

I have several bucks in my Moultrie cameras. So far 1 that is a clear shooter.

Have a good season!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
@swsebec I wish I had the Pioneer when my Grandfather was alive, he would have loved it. He died 10 years ago and I sure miss hunting with him. He was a terrible shot at the end but sure was fun watching him try to hit one. :D
Don't put off taking your Grandfather he won't always be there!

@midnightthrasher I have hunted Anticosti Island, the first day I seen 40 deer but didn't shot any because they were all small, I told the guide when I got back to camp and he said the biggest deer ever shot there was 175#, the biggest I seen was 119# and the second was 110# (your allowed 2 deer there). The meat is really good they graze a lot in fields.

Its a great trip you will love it. The guide will probably ask if he can have the deer balls, I said "have at her" won't catch me eating them! They can field dress a deer in under 5 mins and make a backpack out of them by hooking their legs together with sticks and carry them out on their backs. Also look in the streams when you are there the size of the trout are amazing.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I cant wait!!! I am doing a early season trip to Anticosti Island which is going ti be crazy. It's a island in eastern Canada that has a crazy amount of deer.

My cameras are out. I have already plant 1 food plot of about 20,000 sqft and I am in the middle of clearing another one of 60,000 sqft.

I have several bucks in my Moultrie cameras. So far 1 that is a clear shooter.

Have a good season!
Now that is just awesome, can't beat finding an area like that.
How far away is that island from you?

Where else in Canada have you been hunting at if any?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Can't wait my mouth is watering!!!!!
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
355 Posts
Can't wait my mouth is watering and my finger itches !!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Took 3 hours. We were in a 14ft Jon boat. Caught him on a bill dance catfish rod and reel combo with a treble hook and snagged him (no joke). We have a 125 acre lake fed by the ms river and we caught him there. Here in ms we can't bait the gators like they do in other states like la. So you have to catch them on rod and reel. It's hard to get in and out of the lake so I'm hoping the pioneer will do good with that

·
Registered
95 Posts
**** yes I'm ready...
Going on a New Mexico antelope hunt last week of August
Then Dove season starts Sept. 1st
archery deer season starts Oct. 4th
regular deer season starts Nov. 1st and goes till Jan 1st (also fall turkey season)
doe and spike only season till Jan. 15th
And then for fun we hunt pigs all year long..!!

Reactions: jawquin

·
Registered
355 Posts
Can't wait my mouth is watering and my finger itches !!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Five pigs on 9/4/2104...

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Super pumped here! Might get in a squirrel hunt or two and def gonna try and get a deer!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
I am really pumped have been working my butt off. Haven't been here much because of it. Did 20 food plots friday and saturday. Worked my pioneer very hard carrying around seed and fertilizer had right at 1,000lbs in it. It hauled it around good but i only had about 6-7" ground clearance in rear. Had the Kubota plowing then pioneer to pull grader over. 14 hour days. my hunt club spend about $5,000 on seed and fertilizer. Should have some nice healthy deer and turkey.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts