Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, I'm not sure if the Pioneer is going to fit in a pickup bed. I have a Rhino and its 56.6 inches across, a little tight of a squeeze but just gets into a 5ft wide bed, crawling the wheel wells. The Pioneer is 60 inches wide, exactly 5 ft, The bed of my F-250 is... exactly 5ft across...

·
Registered
100 Posts
well some truck beds aren't perfectly squared, i know some have humps on the side for the wheel wells which could be a problem for you. I think you'll have to either buy or rent a trailer if you get the pionner.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well some truck beds aren't perfectly squared, i know some have humps on the side for the wheel wells which could be a problem for you. I think you'll have to either buy or rent a trailer if you get the pionner.
All SxS have to climb the inside wheel wells of a pickup bed, thats not the problem. I cant trailer my Pioneer, well maybe home from the dealer, but we take our SxS' camping with us. The plan was Pioneer in the bed and camper on the hitch...

·
Registered
100 Posts
All SxS have to climb the inside wheel wells of a pickup bed, thats not the problem. I cant trailer my Pioneer, well maybe home from the dealer, but we take our SxS' camping with us. The plan was Pioneer in the bed and camper on the hitch...
BTW what generation F250 is it?

·
Registered
131 Posts
i don't think there should be any problem, i guess we'll have to see when the pioneer comes out.
honda should do a video on the various ways to transport a pioneer.

·
Registered
163 Posts
well i cant tow two trailers at once. We take our SxS camping with us, transport it in the bed and tow the camper with the truck.
I forgot about the campers to be honest. Well in that case it just has to fit and work one way or another.

Or you could buy two and pull one with the other :D

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hey y'all, I'm not sure if the Pioneer is going to fit in a pickup bed. I have a Rhino and its 56.6 inches across, a little tight of a squeeze but just gets into a 5ft wide bed, crawling the wheel wells. The Pioneer is 60 inches wide, exactly 5 ft, The bed of my F-250 is... exactly 5ft across...
probably not going to fit for you. you would have to get a small trailer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Thats what I would think too i mean it would be a light load either but it would be so much easier to load it in to a decent sized trailer that has a lower ground clearance.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Time for a toy hauler, hitch behind the camper to pull a trailer (if your state allows it), flat bed on the pickup (like the hick farmers have) or they do make platforms to load atv/sxs on top of the box (platform sits on the rails/side of the box). With the platform I would get bags for the truck to help stiffen everything up, that would be quite a load up off of the ground.

·
Registered
469 Posts

This is nice because now you have space to store stuff inside the bed and keep it out of water and rain. Could throw all your gear in there.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

This is nice because now you have space to store stuff inside the bed and keep it out of water and rain. Could throw all your gear in there.
YES, thats what it looks like its going to come down to, Is that piece mounted straight to the bed or does it move like a flatbed tow truck? Getting the Pioneer up there may be a little stressful...

Check out this madness I just stumbled upon. Guy in the comments claims it retails for about $5.5K

·
Registered
109 Posts
YES, thats what it looks like its going to come down to, Is that piece mounted straight to the bed or does it move like a flatbed tow truck? Getting the Pioneer up there may be a little stressful...

Check out this madness I just stumbled upon. Guy in the comments claims it retails for about $5.5K

Load It - Over the Cab ATV/UTV Loading System - YouTube
thats crazy, talk about making good use of space. For $5.5k it aint cheap but well worth it if you really need a setup like this badly and if you will use it enough

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
It looks like it has 12ft ramps for loading/unloading on that brand/type. I picked to show it because I remembered seeing that atv.com did a review. There are all kinds of them out there though so possibly one is a slide off/load type of one. It would probably be a pretty penny though. Here's a vid from their site.

Experience DiamondBack ATV Carrier: Safety - YouTube

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would imagine it would have to be bolted down to the bed somehow.
Im sure it fits into the eye holes on the box lips, although some drilling may have to be, no matter anyways.

Cheers on the link, they do seem to make a quality product, although im going to check with the local metal shop and see if they can make me up something for a little cheaper, they're familiar with my demands so it should be comparable :D

That over cab set up is certainly serious, I dont think I need that much space but you never know, as the kids get older it may be too uncool to whip in the SxS with ol Pop...

Wonder if that setup is removable or if i need to look like a mini car carrier day in day out..

·
Registered
213 Posts

Load It - Over the Cab ATV/UTV Loading System - YouTube
Never seen this type of hitch and load system before but it looks like a solid piece. I would have to be constantly checking on the straps just in case. Not a bad option now we just have to look at the price.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts