Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure if anyone has done it yet . But i have successfully installed a set of LED headlight bulbs . The kit i used is from PUTCO Nite-LUX LED kit 881 parts # 270881 . they work great and way better lighting than the stock halogens .

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thanks for sharing, direct replacement plug and play?

jrc

·
Registered
91 Posts
Not sure if anyone has done it yet . But i have successfully installed a set of LED headlight bulbs . The kit i used is from PUTCO Nite-LUX LED kit 881 parts # 270881 . they work great and way better lighting than the stock halogens .
I bit pricey 186$ for pair. I used HID kit for 40$

·
Registered
114 Posts
I did the Xenon light upgrade 20 bucks off of Ebay ..there awesome and easyly 2 times as brite .. and plug and play

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did anyone have problems with heat on their lights? I.E. - reflector lense? Also has anyone noticed anything with power consumption? Any worse than factory original and will it cause any problems? Thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just upgraded my 2018 Pioneer 1000-3 to LED headlight bulbs for about $40. They are VERY bright! Supposed to be DOT approved street legal, but I know I will have to adjust the headlights to point a LOT more downward or I will be blinding oncoming drivers. These are plug and play, have their own fans, and everything fits inside the dust cover. Takes about 10 or 15 minutes for the 1st side, second side is quicker. The hardest part is figuring out how to manipulate the connector to release the bulb. Push down the red tab (toward the bulb) and then press on the tab on the bulb socket and the bulb will pull right out. The red tab only serves to block you from pressing the tab on the socket. Once you've done it the first time, you can change them both out in 10 minutes in the future. The bulbs are H13/9008 Hi/Lo bulbs. Here is a link to what I used: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073ZDLKT9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts