Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been several discussions regarding LED lights in previous threads but I can't remember if anyone has any experience with CREE LED light bars. I have been looking at the CREE 12" 72 watt light bar. I would like any information as to your experience with these lights.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I know there has been several discussions regarding LED lights in previous threads but I can't remember if anyone has any experience with CREE LED light bars. I have been looking at the CREE 12" 72 watt light bar. I would like any information as to your experience with these lights.

Thanks guys!
check the 35w HID Headlight conversion kits. They are almost as bright as my light bar. A very good deal for $150.! I wish i would done the headlights first almost dont need a light bar they are so bright.

Honda Pioneer 700 (14-15) 35W HID Conversion Kit

·
Registered
66 Posts
Head over to the DDM tuning site the whole deal is $26 bucks and is the same set as Bubba and they work great! I have installed two sets now one for me and one for my buddys 500 and they are amazing!!
DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

it will take 2 weeks to get her but having this kit and a 42" cree light bar its like the sun came out!!
good luck
c

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Head over to the DDM tuning site the whole deal is $26 bucks and is the same set as Bubba and they work great! I have installed two sets now one for me and one for my buddys 500 and they are amazing!!
DDM Tuning 35W and 55W HID Kits

it will take 2 weeks to get her but having this kit and a 42" cree light bar its like the sun came out!!
good luck
c
Thanks for the info... I am new to these type of lights could you walk me through the components needed /installation you used for your P500 ?
Wattage 35 or 55
Bulb Type
Bulb color
Mounting brackets
HID Harness
Error eliminator
Adapter cables

·
Registered
66 Posts
Gah,
Its really easy, its actually harder waiting for them to get here from China then it is to install them. Follow the link I posted above and order the 35watt single bulb ones, they are the ones with the LONG part number... Everything will come in the kit including the ballasts, bulbs and connections. As for mounting kits, we installed my friends by using a "cone" drill bit to make a hole through the dust cap that is on the back side of the light housing, this will allow the wires to pass through the dust cap and the molded in rubber groumet to snap into place, you will need to do this as the bulb actually sticks out alittle further then the OEM one, it has a 90 degree connector on it and this bulb is straight out the back, I will try to get some pictures next time I am at his house.

once you have cut the hole and run the groumet and the installed the bulbs, we routed the wires under the plastic, inner fender wall into the "storage" area unde the front hud and mounted the ballasts and power box with industrial velcro to those inner fender walls, really clean install and the bulbs are extremely bright, nothing like the fog light bulbs that they come with!! You will be very happy with the install and its inexpensive.

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts