Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see where one of the accessories will be a light bar that will require a Switch Plate/Volt Meter/Wire Harness.

I have been looking at aftermarket light bars from other manufacturers and hope that someone on the forum with some electrical expertise can guide me in what correct Amps/volts etc. are appropriate with the battery and Switch Plate/Volt Meter/Wire Harness.

Any help will be appreciated! What brand light bars are good? I'd prefer the green to the white.

·
Registered
322 Posts
not sure what you're looking for exactly for Pioneer but i know there are some good companies out there making LED light bars, and LED singles too.

Rigid industries has multiple sizes and strengths for their LED bars.

They also offer something like this that could be mounted up high, on the bumper, on the corners....

they also offer colored covers so you can choose which you like...

LED Lights | Off Road LED Light Bars | Military L E D Lighting | Defense L.E.D. Lights | Agriculture LED Lighting | Marine LED Lights | Mining LEDs | Landscape L.E.D Light | Police LED Lights | Fire Rescue LED | Rigid Industries

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
You might consider replacing the stock headlights with HID. You would get a brighter light without the added light bar to possibly snag on a branch or such.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You might consider replacing the stock headlights with HID. You would get a brighter light without the added light bar to possibly snag on a branch or such.
Yeah with a hid bulb kit it the headlights would be brighter, but a light bar is nice too. Just depends on where you would position it.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
I thought about that lightbar, that way you have headlights when trailriding so you dont blind the guy in front of you.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Or have both. Upgrade the headlights to HID AND get a lightbar

I know there are some lightbars out there that output a stupid amount of light

Only thing is. How does the battery fair with that extra draw? And what bulb does the Pioneer take? Anyone install an HID kit yet?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Any ideas about what % of light one would add with HID bulbs?

·
Registered
469 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
light bard backorder

Honda has all there light bars and Aux lights on backorder because they don't have installation instructions to send with them.. So send them anyway and have you dealer install them,

·
Registered
135 Posts
The dealer can print the installation instructions online. That is what mine did.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That read out is what your machine is producing at that time. The system outputs a certain amount and the stock machine uses a certain amount. That leftover amount is what we need to know to know how many lights or other drawing accessories can be on at the same time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts