Honda Pioneer Forum banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
I'd never heard of that before. So how do you go about live capture? Or better yet, How do you get them tied/secured after live capture?
Well, you find hog sign and put out the "Bay" dogs, when they smell a hog they give chase and bay the hog (some times). That means the hog stops running and stands the dogs down. We then drive our side by sides as close as we can. Some times 10 yards, sometimes a 150 yards. We release the catch dog(Ours is a cross between an American bull and Pit bull, about 100lbs) and he charges in and grabs the hog. We then grab the hind legs and flip the hog over on its side and drop down on the neck to hold him. You have to pry the catch dog off the hog. Another guy hobbles the legs(ties the legs together)and then we drag him out and throw him in the bed. Check out youtube under hog hunting with dogs

· Registered
47 Posts
Dont have a mill. We are taking the logs to one tho. Some of it will be used to spin duck calls on a lathe. Which now that I think of it maybe black walnut calls arent safe? Most of the lumber will be used for woodworking projects. The guy taking the video built a bed with black walnut lumber.

· Registered
7 Posts
I want to hear how the deer got in the back of the PIoneer! I hunt alone most of the time, and this is a major question I have about going to a UTV. I can stand ont he back of my ATV and drag most any deer up the fender and into my basket. I'm buying a UTV because I'm getting older!

I need to be able to do this (load a 180-200# deer) in the bed, alone.

Thanks.
When I used to work at a game ranch we used to drag everything from red stag to pigs into the back of our sxs's. the easiest method I found was to rig up a winch to the top bar of the roll cage. we would then open the tail gate, tilt the bed, and then just wench the animal in the bed. we used a cheap no name winch for this. the only issue with this was the cable rubbing on the bed at times. one just has to remember to go slow and mind the cable while winching in game.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts