Honda Pioneer Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

· Registered
103 Posts
I want to hear how the deer got in the back of the PIoneer! I hunt alone most of the time, and this is a major question I have about going to a UTV. I can stand ont he back of my ATV and drag most any deer up the fender and into my basket. I'm buying a UTV because I'm getting older!

I need to be able to do this (load a 180-200# deer) in the bed, alone.

Thanks.
I have a extreme metal products bumper and the winch is mounted u high on the bumper. My plan is to swing the cable over the roof bars to the back. Then dump the box with the tailgate down, hook cable to deer's neck and winch up into the box which should close when the weight gets into it. I just have to get something to put on the roll bars to keep the cable from scraping it.

Keep in mind that the winch will only be pulling the cable for 5 feet, so we are not talking a long pull that would damage anything but you still need a softner on the two bars. I tried it with a bag a cattle feed and it worked great. I just taped the bars for the test.

I'll post a video when I get it perfected.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi there Moose,
Love your input and pics. On my stock 22 Honda Pioneer, can I have 28x10x14 front and back on a stock suspension?
I mainly do recreational off roading, mostly trail riding in Utah, Montana and Wyoming.
Thanks for your time and input.
Erich

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-3
666 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa to @ehrad7656
I learn something new every day. hahahaha, I never new this thread existed.
It was started in Nov of 2013, and last post before yours was in May of 2015.
I am not Moose, but I can answer your question, Yes you can, because I do. (y)
If you read my "Not a new member, but never did an intro" thread, I talk about my tires.
I run BF Goodrich KM3 28x10x14 with ITP steel rims, on all 4, stock suspension.
Have read about a few owners say their 28's rub at full compression and max turning.
I have not had my 28's rub, but I have never been in the above scenario.
And now that I answered your question, I'm going to go read this whole thread from the beginning. hahaha!! ;)
edit to add
WHOOPS......I didn't know this was a 500/700 only thread
"Honda Pioneer Media"
"Pioneer 500/700 Pictures & Video"
So, with that being said, I do NOT know if 28's will rub on a 700.
You never posted what model you were asking about.
Have a good day

81 - 85 of 85 Posts