Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased a pioneer 700 4 seater two years ago. It is starting to use large amounts of oil. When it is parked in the shop you do not see oil dripping. Not sure where it would be going. Engine runs well. Does sound loud. No smoking when it is running. Did and oil change after it was low the first time. About a week later it was down 1 1/2 L. Took it in to Honda and they have no idea. Any suggestions would be helpful.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2015 pioneer 700-4, check your air filter for leaves, debris etc... I scratched my head when I found leaves in the air filter box.... "How da hell dat get there?"... I am thinking that some debris may have gotten (sucked into) into the combustion chamber. As oil was saturated on the air filter as well. Its only a guess, but, I am going to take the time when I take my tracks off for the winter to investigate those this. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We purchased a pioneer 700 4 seater two years ago. It is starting to use large amounts of oil. When it is parked in the shop you do not see oil dripping. Not sure where it would be going. Engine runs well. Does sound loud. No smoking when it is running. Did and oil change after it was low the first time. About a week later it was down 1 1/2 L. Took it in to Honda and they have no idea. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Have 500 less than two yrs old 2500 miles, had to had top end rebuilt $1300 because of oil consumption, they said airfilter wasend changed often enough, although we changed as recommended. I know of 16 units had same issue. Honda said tough luck. Not at all happy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts