Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what kind of mileage or fuel range everyone is experiencing with the Pioneer?
I know a lot depends on driving habits, terrain and load, but I am planning a 60 mile ride to my remote camp and am wondering what to expect.

David

·
Registered
684 Posts
with 8.2 gallons of fuel i would think atleast 100 miles on a tank but i would bring a extra jug of fuel just incase

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
60 miles of what would be my question? I think the tank is large enough to make that if it's 30 miles each way with a steady pace and not rock crawling and mud diving. Personally, I always like to take a few extra jugs of fuel and a gallon of distiller water. Always a chance of a line or hose being damaged of coming loose, if you can get it repaired, you at least have something to fill back up with.

·
Registered
469 Posts
really depends on what you are doing with it.

But it seems like mileage so far is pretty good from what owners report.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Around that 20mpg isn't bad considering the use these get. Some cars driving around town don't do that good and they are on paved streets.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I think it is pretty hard to give a particular number that is meaningful since people use the Pioneer in so many different ways. I think that the numbers are only useful if people describe exactly how they use their Pioneer as well.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I think it is pretty hard to give a particular number that is meaningful since people use the Pioneer in so many different ways. I think that the numbers are only useful if people describe exactly how they use their Pioneer as well.
this is true, so many things factor into it, but it's still not as complicated as getting the real world MPG rating from a type of car, UTV's are much more simple.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I appreciate the feedback. I know that many factors effect the mileage and it is difficult to generalize but this gives me a good idea what to expect. This trip I am planning will be an easy drive on old logging roads approx 60 miles each way into my cabin before the snow gets too deep. I normally drive my truck in but heavy rains lately have washed out the roads in many places so I feel the Pioneer would be a better choice.
Not to mention a whole lot more fun !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts