Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or would that be the savvy mans version??? lol

Ok, drilled out the rivets and yanked the warning plate a la Moose.

Then, cut me out a plate of aluminum.

Squared it off pretty good, and brushed it nice an clean.

Left a 1" border of the dash and cut out a nice lil hole.

Mounted up and in place.

Now I just gotta order me up some switches. Im thinking interior lights, forward LEDs, rear LEDs, and I may try to add in a handlebar rocker for the winch and mount it in there.

I was gonna paint it black to match the dash, but, I kinda like the brushed aluminum look.
All in all, for the cost (free) im pretty happy bout it.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Looks good

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Did you isolate it at all. (Rubber or gasket behind it). I guess my question is, is it going to rattle at all?

I like the look! I wouldn't say its the poor mans version. My stock dash is the poor mans version. :)

Yours is the heavy duty "brushed" aux panel.

·
Registered
269 Posts
What's holding those screws in? Oh....I like it a lot! I'm just wondering what you do now to add switches? Is it going to be easy to take the plate on and off?

I'm a wiring novice......maybe even less than that!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Those are machine screws held in place with a lock washer and nut from under the dash. Access to put them on was real easy.

It won't rattle or come loose.

·
Registered
469 Posts
looking good. i'd paint it personally

or wrap it in the 3m brushed black aluminum vinyl

i've seen it in person and it really does look like brushed aluminum but annodized black.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive been passing by it all day, taking a look at it from time to time.

Yes, I think I will put a coat of flat black on it.

Amazon just hit me up for the cost of 4 LED floods, a roll of LED strip lights, three switches, and a Warn Handlebar rocker.

Fun fun.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's holding those screws in? Oh....I like it a lot! I'm just wondering what you do now to add switches? Is it going to be easy to take the plate on and off?

I'm a wiring novice......maybe even less than that!
DB

I will take my time with a dremel and machine out, well, gnaw out, the approriate size mounting holes for the rockers and the Warn switch. Once everything fits to my liking, I will paint the plate and reinstall.

·
Registered
658 Posts
that looks good blake. glad to see you took advantage of this weather lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Saw a site that offers a custom made switch panel with carling switches and circuit breakers. Seems like a good candidate for those that do not want all the work. Check this out: Stock Panels | New Wire Marine

^ This is what I would do if I had it to do again.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Looks good, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
658 Posts
foggy call me cheap but that's kinda expensive for a couple toggles and a plate
I mean I know they have lots of options but dang

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks great. I was thinking of a checkerplate painted black piece.
That would look pretty slick too.

I just happened to have a bunch of thin plate lying around.

I also have some 1/2 aluminum plate. If I had a CNC mill I would have used that and machined out the Honda logo on the bottom of it and painted it black with the logo in grey lettering. That would be sweet.

Anyone wanna donate to the buy a poor ******* a CNC mill fund???? lol

·
Registered
117 Posts
foggy call me cheap but that's kinda expensive for a couple toggles and a plate
I mean I know they have lots of options but dang
Yep, I agree it's a bit more than you can find others for. However it is the panel, six marine quality switches, each fused (circuit-breakers) separately, and its all pre-wired in a harness. So….it's one good alternative.

I have seen other switches too. I committed to the Honda wiring and switches…..so I used up my options. Just adding some alternatives to others faced with the switch decision.

·
Registered
658 Posts
true. iv been looking for a volt meter for cheap to wire in to the key or radio switch. im thinking ill wire it to the radio switch since ill be running an aux battery later. I just got my switches in like moose and some leds so im mounting them tomorrow but I need more switches I think im going to do like moose and put leds up front but thinking of 45 degrees out cause of my area. also thinking about the waterproof usb's I can recess some but they are from china so ill order them before I get back next hitch. all in all I like moose's setup and blakes setup but im not particular to shiny stuff and if I wanted to skin it I can skin plastic no problem

hey blake what did you cut the aluminum out with. if you have use of a plasma torch you can draw out your design and cut inward at an angle and cut the design out and then if you do it at the right angle you can recess the cut out beneath with a couple tac welds.

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
$50 bucks for just the plastic? Jeez

1 - 20 of 35 Posts