Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a mud/trail tire, 6 or 8 ply, don't want anything super heavy though.

I've been looking at the ITP Mega Mayhem, Mudlite, or Maxxis Zilla.. all seem to have similar tread pattern. seem those should work good in the mud, but what about snow and hard pack trail or loose rocks? I'm looking for an all round tire, but has to be pretty good in the mud.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah this tire choice thing is driving my crazy. id like a little more mud oriented tire, but i don't wanna sacrifice a lot of grip on rock and hard pack.

·
Registered
130 Posts
the bighorns are a great tire, but I think you'll be disappointed in them if you run a lot of mud. what about pitbull growlers? the only down side to them would be weight.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
I haven't had a chance to test these out in the mud to see how they will clean out but I think they are going to do decent. BearClaw HTR, 8ply radials. I'm trying them out on a 420 auto (25 inch tires) so performance will be a little different on the sxs but will give an idea. So far I'm liking them in everything but it's been really dry around here, not even much snow to test them out in. Just another one to add to the confusion.. lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have 316's on my grizzly and they are a good looking rim!

Reactions: tundraman

·
Registered
161 Posts
Iam running 27 swamp lites on 14s the tires were in WV last year on a different bike they handled great. I purchased new wheels to fit the Pioneer and are using the Swamps I Luv em

·
Registered
658 Posts
personally id go bighorns ,meyham, mudlites, executioners, blackwater, but the best ride its going to be mudlites or bighorns. the mudlite do good on everything. nice hook and tread covers for smooth ride.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I'm looking for a mud/trail tire, 6 or 8 ply, don't want anything super heavy though.

I've been looking at the ITP Mega Mayhem, Mudlite, or Maxxis Zilla.. all seem to have similar tread pattern. seem those should work good in the mud, but what about snow and hard pack trail or loose rocks? I'm looking for an all round tire, but has to be pretty good in the mud.
My friend just put 28" Mega Mayhems on his ranger they look awesome View attachment 6562 . Ive ran the Mudlite XL on a Honda Rincon I didn't like them at all 2 rides and I ordered a my first set of Bighorns. Im not sure how much you ride on the blacktop. But check out Maxxis Mud Bugs

·
Registered
684 Posts
My friend just put 28" Mega Mayhems on his ranger they look awesome View attachment 6562 . Ive ran the Mudlite XL on a Honda Rincon I didn't like them at all 2 rides and I ordered a my first set of Bighorns. Im not sure how much you ride on the blacktop. But check out Maxxis Mud Bugs
mud bugs are a great tire but i think they are only 6ply and only go up to 27in tall .....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I highly recommend GBC Dirt Devils. I was amazed at how well they did in mud and still gave a comfortable ride.
I have seen way too many ITP Mudlites with punctured sidewalls.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I run mud bugs on my 2011 foremans. Been very happy with them.

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
You don't want to get me started on the MudBugs. They are by far my favorite aggressive all terrain tire...

1 - 20 of 116 Posts