Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for letting me in.

So I want to to tow my camper trailer while I carry the Pioneer on the bed of the truck. The truck is a ford F150 3.5L 6.5 ft bed 4wd 6 speed auto trans. The trailer is 18.75 ft. long GVWR 4,400. The pioneer weights 1689 lbs. I would like to do this if it's safe. How can I find out if it's doable?
Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for letting me in.

So I want to to tow my camper trailer while I carry the Pioneer on the bed of the truck. The truck is a ford F150 3.5L 6.5 ft bed 4wd 6 speed auto trans. The trailer is 18.75 ft. long GVWR 4,400. The pioneer weights 1689 lbs. I would like to do this if it's safe. How can I find out if it's doable?
Thanks
Joe
Hi Joe
I’m new to the forum myself but I’ve been towing campers for a while now. The issue that I believe you will run into is payload.
You didn’t say the year but a quick google has the 150 payload at 1700lbs give or take. Figure out your payload based on the numbers on your truck but basics math is -

(payload 1700)- (Pioneer - 1689) = 11
That alone leaves you 11lbs of safe load left for your trailer tongue weight (usually 10% of your trailer), all of your gear AND yourself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts