Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-3
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I never did an intro, just jumped in and started answering questions where I could.
so, Howdy from Northern Iowa,
Bought "Wild Blue", 19OCT2021, a 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000EPS 3 seater, warn winch and 72" moose snow plow.
Member as of Jan 23, 2022.
Have already added backup lights, using the handy plug under the bed, just behind the cab.
Tire Wheel Truck Vehicle Automotive tire

I did go one step further with that switched hot wire though. I ran a wire from it, up the driver rear ROPS, to power the switch, to the flasher unit that runs the side warning lights. I added reflective flashing amber lights to both top sides of the roof. Will they get ripped off in my woods? haha probably, but when I am plowing snow, people will be able to see me from the sides.
edit to add
YEP, haha! my daughter got to close to a tree and ripped off the right light. (n)
SuperATV flip windshield installed and created my own side door windows.
Read somewhere about using a shower curtain for the rear window, and that works good also.
My seatbelt location fix
I have 40 Acres if any of you that are close to me need a place to ride some short trails through some woods.
Hunters, Riders or Walkers | our40acres
If you look at my website, you can see the trails that are on my 40 Acres. I do need to update the map though. My nephew got the mowing bug and started making more trails.
About me...
20 years Army, Retired in 2007.
Been a mechanic my whole life. I used to tell my Soldiers that there is only (electrical, mechanical, or hydraulic) once you figure out the basics, you can work on anything.
Work for a local trucking company, as a, yep! you guessed it, a mechanic. haha
Wife, 4 children. 2 finished college, 1 still in High School.
Bought my 40 Acres from my parents in 1996, 10 years before I retired from the service.
I grew up on this farm, and I knew I was coming back here to live.
edit to add a link to my DIY/How to posts
Mark Schmidt
and pics
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Snow

Tire Sky Wheel Automotive tire Snow

40Acres short trail ride with Tonya

· Registered
10 Posts
Nice!! How do you like those tires? Mine currently have plenty of life but was looking at something like you have when mine wear out. I don’t street ride yet, but I think eventually I will get the street legal kit.

· Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I bought my 2018 Pioneer 1000, the original owner had these tires and ITP steel rims on already. I wish I could tell you exactly which ITP rims I have, but I do not know. No spacer in the front, and a 1 1/2" spacer on the back. I am VERY happy with them so far in mud, and definitely pushing snow. I do not need tire chains, and can push snow where no snowplow pickup would dare to go.
front
Tire Front 1.jpg

Rear
Tire Rear 1.jpg

Rear spacer
Tire Rear 2.jpg

In another thread, I was asked If they were heavy.
. my response
BF Goodrich KM3 28x10x14
https://www.amazon.com/BFGoodrich-28x10R14-Terrain-All-Terrain-Single/dp/B07GT6HFYD
I guess I do not know if they are heavy or not. I bought it with them installed. I do have the factory tire and rims, but have not needed to change back to them, and probably never will. So far, the KM3's work good on the trails in my woods, work good on our gravel roads, and do an awesome job of pushing snow. When these wear down, it's not a "maybe I will get another set", it's a "I will definitely get another set."
I gotta say, when you stomp on it, and paddle shift, yeah buddy, it'll go.:D
This was my first winter pushing snow with the Honda, and it is just a snow pushing beast.
With a plow truck or tractor, we always had to worry about not pushing to far over the hill, because you could not get back up. Heck, haha, now, I push over the hill and down to my wood line. Not having to worry about snow, is a huge relief.
Have a good day

· Registered
2017 Honda Pioneer 1000M3
10 Posts
Good to hear from you again, yea, got home from overseas in Jan73, just in time for the big cb revolution. I thing every boy I knew had a portable or a base station of some sort. I got my pioneer a couple years back, traded a 2014 Harley fat boy for it. Since I got it, I have added a windshield from rough country, side mirrors, and a rear wench, mounted a 3/8 in. thick by 3 in. wide by 4ft long thru the top and on top of the ROPS. Now when I do harvest a deer, I just tilt the bed and pull the deer up and close the bed. Works like a champ. Will try to post some pics of the installation

· Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heck yeah!,
Start a new thread about how you made the "Roof Winch" and post up pics.
  • How the wood is mounted.
  • How the winch is mounted
  • How the winch wires are routed
I have a winch waiting to be mounted. haha
Your avatar pic looks like it works GREAT! (y)
Have a good day

· Registered
2017 Honda Pioneer 1000M3
10 Posts
Heck yeah!,
Start a new thread about how you made the "Roof Winch" and post up pics.
  • How the wood is mounted.
  • How the winch is mounted
  • How the winch wires are routed
I have a winch waiting to be mounted. haha
Your avatar pic looks like it works GREAT! (y)
Have a good day
I will have to figure out how to do that, not real sharp on such things as I-phones and computers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.