Honda Pioneer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this might be a dead topic but I haven’t seen anyone post a solution that they were happy with and this overheating thing spontaneously is a real problem for me! I’ve had a pioneer 1000-5 seater for a few weeks now and it’s been working perfectly put a track kit on it to groom my trails no troubles works great. Went out last night on my trails just for a drive and suddenly my heat light came on and steam started coming out front with the hood, I ran to the front and popped the hood to realize it was spewing antifreeze out the vent tube. I shut the machine down and looked for damage of some sort. Long and the short of it I can’t get the fan to come on! I need the machine for collecting maple and it’s the season! 😡 It seems that this is a problem the more I’ve been looking around has anybody found a solution that actually works to this problem?I’m open to whatever it takes but I can’t stand not trusting machine when you want to go for a drive. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Bluemachine. Have you gotten any answers to your overheating issue? We have a 2020 1000-5 seater as well and have had this issue twice now! The first time was within warranty period. It started overheating, not under high stress, and neither the warning light or fan came on. The mechanic said the fan was fine and they replaced the thermostat but I don't think they determined that it was bad. It happened again last month, again not under high stress or outside heat conditions. Again, the coolant started spewing out, there was no warning light and the fan didn't come on at any point again either. The mechanic is telling me there was an "air block" in the coolant line but I'm just not buying it. And it doesn't explain why there is no advanced warning light or why the fan doesn't come on. I'm extremely disappointed in this machine (I have a lot of issues with the structural design too: air gaps in the doors and windshield, the poor design for removing the doors). We have a Polaris Ranger as well and I thought the Honda would be so much better but other than a better "drive" system this unit is very disappointing. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts