Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm enjoying my new P-4 picked up last Friday but did want to share a couple issues i've had already. First, I have the extremely loose rattling passenger door ive seen others post about and also have read the fix of adjusting the rubber door stop, this has not worked for me.
The worst is after looking my machine over after the long trailer ride home i noticed near the upper anchor point for the front passenger seatbelt there was a 2 inch tear that is almost all the way through the belt,, you can see it coming through the other side. What i found was a sharp burr (slag?) on the metal directly behind this part of the belt( a couple inches below the top anchor point). Just the wind wipping it on the way home almost tore it completely through. I would have thought(esp. w/Honda) Quality Control would have caught this before leaving the factory but i guess not. And with reading about muffler welds breaking causing the power loss issue along with the subpar 'fit & finish' as referred to above with loose rattling doors that cant be adjusted, im a bit concerned. Im really liking everything about the overall machine so far but these issues were disappointing.

·
Registered
206 Posts
It doesn't really matter what it is but the first year of production of anything (cars,atv's) or what ever always seems to have small problems here and there.

Once they figure out the do's and don'ts they get better.

And that is the problem with getting first year things.

So far mine has been flawless for the most part.

The only real thing that has made me unhappy is after a day in some desert mud and 20 mins at the car wash. The next day I put back up on a trailer and a lot of the tubes for the frame/cage had water in them from the high pressure washer. So rusty water splashed out of the tubes all over the machine.

At least we know the engine/trans are proven and we will not have to worry about those.

·
Registered
684 Posts
a piece of slag can be overlooked because a human built it and if it is at a sharp angle (not easly seen because the belt is in the way ) can get overlooked .....as for the door bring it back to the dealership and have them ether replace the door or have them tweek (adjust ) it untill it is right ....honda will also replace the seat belt and grind the slag off and add some paint under warentee.......

·
Registered
903 Posts
Take it back and make them deal with the seatbelt.

My machine quickly ran out of adjustment with the door stop, so i glued some heater hose over it to extend it a bit.

The level of quality control on the Pioneer is not as high as previous honda's I've owned.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Try shutting your door a little harder. If I don't mine does not latch the whole way and the door rattles.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just had the same issue with the tubes getting water in them from a washing, then a few days later bright orange rust water spilled all over the motor and frame. Very disappointing
Also had the rattling doors, they sure seem to fit poorly, but was able to adjust the rattle out of them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts